Community forums

[CLEAN] tasteless and insulting name

12 Oct 2015 21:31 | Last edit: 12 Oct 2015 21:33
Thanks for your reply, Mazfer.

Jeffy, read Mazfer's comment again and you should understand that you are not affected by what he said.
Also, that's not common sense (should've worked earlier) but it's authority and that's sadly the only thing people usually listen to :).
13 Oct 2015 01:32

i think then most names would be banned there are many killers i gues there are killers that have the name jeffrey to so i cant use my name anymore?
i think names like hitler should be banned (is maybe racisme?) but you cant ban all

I have wondered if you were a reincarnation of Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer. :evil:
13 Oct 2015 05:53
i think he killed more people and died less :whistle:
13 Oct 2015 21:49 | Last edit: 14 Oct 2015 09:49
As Im from norway, im pretty well known with this tragedy.

My brother's best friend was on that island back in 2011, he got shot in the shoulder, hips and the foot. He was laying beneath five other death corps, trying to play dead in order to survive. For about 3-5 hours he was laying there suffering in pain until the police came to rescue him and the rest of the persons on the island. He was lucky that he survived! But there was alot of humans who didn't.

Using such names like hitler, breivik, bin laden etc is very offensive and disrespectful in my opinion.

- Madcat
13 Oct 2015 22:30
If anyone cares (i for example dont): i alrdy changed my nickname :) To a much more offensive one: "RegistredSexDefender".

and:

Hey by the way...

My real surname is Niewiadomski.
Niewiadmski is/was also the real surname of a guy that killed polish president Gabriel Narutowicz in December 1922.
If i use my real surname as my nickname, you will get butthurt because im using a name of a politian murder?

"Karol" is the name of a fucker who raped a girl whom i knew.
Am i getting butthurt about you using a nickname which is very simmilar (or actually the same after u translate it to german)?

Need more examples? Here:
You should censor the Barbie dolls too. Why? Cause there did exist some nazi idiot with a name "Barbie":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Barbie

Ive said it like 2 or 3 times, ill say it again:
Its just a nickname. If you cant stand people using nicknames which you find stupid, or you dont like, you can just terminate your ISP contract. Or you can write to NSA and ask them to spy harder on people who use nicknames which you dont like. Good luck with that.

14 Oct 2015 03:26
Imo mentioning a name like Breivik to a Norwegian or others who had friends or relatives on that island, is like mentioning Hitler to a German. It IS too close to home, internets or not.
14 Oct 2015 18:20

Imo mentioning a name like Breivik to a Norwegian or others who had friends or relatives on that island, is like mentioning Hitler to a German.

:woohoo:
Damn dude, why should a german player care about being mentioned to Hitler?
Hitler was NOT german, he came from Austria! :whistle:
14 Oct 2015 18:25
^

If you know your history you also know why...
15 Oct 2015 17:34
i was born 23 years after the end of WW2 , so what....?
15 Oct 2015 17:59
I never mentioned it was about you or any reason to why it should matter when you were born.. It was a general statement. Maybe the view on things have changed over recent years?

The topic was created to bring the attention of inappropriate names used in our server and why these names may offend players. So let's not get off-topic here.