Community forums

[CLEAN] tasteless and insulting name

11 Oct 2015 17:40
u just keep on going lol
if u not feel affected by it why is it then so important to u,
cant u not just think (what an idiot) and play
and wtf do u mean by: the smart-ass move to claim there are others with said name does not change that connection.
11 Oct 2015 18:05 | Last edit: 11 Oct 2015 18:06
well, that's the beautiful thing about society, people ideally care for what happens around them.

the sad thing is, that now the whole situation became more interesting for emtpy, since he know's that using that name is something i don't like.

i still hope others voice their opinion on the subject and convince the majority that this behavior is not tolarable.

to answer your question: panda was bringing up some other person with the surname Breivik.
11 Oct 2015 18:13 | Last edit: 11 Oct 2015 18:13

Can we use any name we want or are there some that are forbidden?

I am also interested in the answer to Gramps question. Is everything simply allowed or is there still a guideline for this? And the variations of these 'political/disturbing' names on a player's name?
11 Oct 2015 19:43

I am also interested in the answer to Gramps question. Is everything simply allowed or is there still a guideline for this? And the variations of these 'political/disturbing' names on a player's name?

Fur sure you can use all names you want to use as long as these names dont touch the rules 2 and 3 of the server rules.
12 Oct 2015 14:35
The reason I asked is because I have seen people told to change their offensive name in the past. I believe it was a vulgar name in that incidence.
12 Oct 2015 15:02
Lodbrog is a ship? :lol:
Please login or create an account to view attachments.
12 Oct 2015 15:43

Lodbrog is a ship? :lol:

[/quote

yee i can see they have called that ship lodbrog but it's probably because he was a sailor it was he who first sailed west to England and Paris and many other places he started as a farmer and worked his way up to become king partly because he was very famous because he sailed a lot and had some incredible ships

12 Oct 2015 18:54 | Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 06:19
Alright, I'll try to put some rest to your minds.

Admins, clan leaders and even the clan founder are not an exception to the rules. They are also to follow them as they lead by example. If the server admins do not follow the server rules, what good is there to have them in the first place?

Choosing a name like Breivik is still (and probably will always be) a sensitive matter as the name is often connected with the guy who shot and killed several people in Norway in 2011. Having a name that is connected to events that are internationally known is probably not the smartest thing to do as it could have a huge impact on the player base... as seen in this case.

As for the question..

In my opinion common sense is the best advice here.

I personally wouldn't choose a name that can be seen as:
- disruptive, racist, discriminating, degrading, offensive
- sexual reference
- child abuse, or molesting
- internationally known mass murderers, such as Breivik, Hitler, Stalin..

edit: grammar
12 Oct 2015 19:02
i think then most names would be banned there are many killers i gues there are killers that have the name jeffrey to so i cant use my name anymore?
i think names like hitler should be banned (is maybe racisme?) but you cant ban all
12 Oct 2015 21:30

Alright, I'll try to put some rest to your minds.

Admins, clan leaders and even the clan founder are not an exception to the rules. They are also to follow them as they lead by example. If the server admins do not follow the server rules, what good is there to have them in the first place?

Choosing a name like Breivik is still (an probably will always be) a sensitive matter as the name is often connected with the guy who shot and killed several people in Norway in 2011. Having a name that is connected to events that are internationally known is probably not the smartest thing to do as it could have a huge impact on the player base... as seen in this case.

As for the question..

In my opinion common sense is the best advice here.

I personally wouldn't choose a name that can be seen as:
- disruptive, racist, discriminating, degrading, offensive
- sexual reference
- child abuse, or molesting
- internationally known mass murders, such as Breivik, Hitler, Stalin..

+1 for using common sense