Community forums

Is the DN 24/7 Eagle server a burden to UT ?

This topic has been locked.
# 1
31 Dec 2015 20:35
Hi

I'm posting here after lots of time spend on the server 24/7 eagle.

This server is gathering tons of players because it is one of the few that plays on eagle, one of the twos that are 24/7 eagle and the only one with more that 2 players on it.

This server provides stats, which are one of the worst thing. So you have people joining the winning team in order to farm kills (and they do not seek kills for the TDM goal, but only to boost their stats). This even bring the usual glitcher and hacker.

example : Fraggot who only joins red team because he can go over the railbridge and camp behind a door to glitch blue players through it and execute them. He never joins blue team because there are no doors near the red spawn and he would have to play fair there. He disconnects when the blue team is too large or too powerfull because that wouldn't be good for his stats.

I won't bother sending a demo, you have admins and teammembers that are able to spectate him and he is using glitch A LOT, and also he is wallhacking once in a while. I spent enough time spectating him to know that. Several players complained in chat that they were hidding in unconventionnal spots and he was able to kill them before they could shoot. He always tell that he heard footsteps or heavy breathing when the players he killed were static, at full health. The best way to spot him wallhacking is to spectate him running from red spawn to the railbridge and then to the blue inn. As a wallhacker he will do it in 1 stamina run without looking forward if he knows no blue players are here. But when his wallhack is enabled, he will stop for unobvious reason to shoot at a player he couldn't see beforehand.

Also, since it's all about teens having a boner on their own stats, you'll have the classical spawncamper and spawnkiller.

I have no problem with noobs/and newbie getting lost and ending killing us near spawn. Players like Darknesside that end up in the sewer under red spawn and clim the ladder to kill a few reds is not a problem as thoses players usually have a 1/2 or 1/3 KD and are obiously new/lost/confused.

But there are a lot of people who are spawncamping over the redspawn (not in the core of the castle), but really on the walkway above the reds pawn to shoot at players spawning (not the one near the bridge, the one near the crates). We had a few players doing that just 30minutes ago, and the admin who was online slapping someone didn't care since it helped his team. There were 2 DN members online ATM, Harpo and Panda and since they were also in blue team, often a few meters behind the spawncampers it was not a problem for them.

So please, educate your DN members and make the police on your server because the fairplay is almost non existent.

I won't start about the total lack of discipline when no admin are online (usually a 6v6 early in the morning) with people glitching in the cable cars and not caring because no admins are here and they know that managing demos is a pain in the ass.
# 2
01 Jan 2016 08:29
hey
first i saw fraggot somethimes blue but i found that also strange but hes not only red
and eagle is an camper map
but sk isnt good if you have an 0,33 xlr or 4,0 xlr sk isnt allowed
# 3
01 Jan 2016 11:10
There are many things that are wrong with the community and how they play the game. I fully understand that new/er players can get lost in the map and end up in the opposing teams spawn. I also do not see a problem with that, but spawnkilling and spawncamping becomes a problem when experienced players start doing this.

I have seen some of admins forcing themselves to one team so they can proceed with their type of gamestyle, either camping or hard camping.. or at least that is my opinion on this subject. Forcing yourself to one team or joining the other team just to use commands to change your place with another one from the opposing team is NOT in the spirit of the game and in my opinion not something a moderator should take advantage of.

I also wrote a somewhat lengthy topic on why the current gameplay suck and why I feel it has come to a standstill. In my opinion TDM does not show your true skill and sadly some play it just for the numbers in XLRstats.
# 4
01 Jan 2016 12:08
Hi there,

I understand your kind of frustration. But I would like to know your in-game name.

Greetings,
# 5
01 Jan 2016 12:33
The issue here is how the game is played and how some admins and moderators take advantage of the commands they have access to. Not the in-game name of the OP.
# 6
01 Jan 2016 13:28

In my opinion TDM does not show your true skill and sadly some play it just for the numbers in XLRstats.

Team survivor is only playing with teammates. On team survivor you can only show your skill if you are the last in your team. :)
Stop spamming the bullshit: "Team deathmatch doesn't show your true skill". That's so wrong!

On Team deathmatch I always go ALONE to the enemy and try to beat them ALONE. That's the hard opposite of team survivor.
# 7
01 Jan 2016 13:39 | Last edit: 01 Jan 2016 13:42

Hi

I'm posting here after lots of time spend on the server 24/7 eagle.

This server is gathering tons of players because it is one of the few that plays on eagle, one of the twos that are 24/7 eagle and the only one with more that 2 players on it.

Well, I guess this means they are doing something right.

example : Fraggot who only joins red team because he can go over the railbridge and camp behind a door to glitch blue players through it and execute them. He never joins blue team because there are no doors near the red spawn and he would have to play fair there.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what glitch is... Or, you are mixing things in order to prove a point which is wrong.

I won't bother sending a demo, you have admins and teammembers that are able to spectate him and he is using glitch A LOT, and also he is wallhacking once in a while. I spent enough time spectating him to know that.

This is what gets me! You make a post to bitch about whatever you want to bitch about - fine. Why do you get the idea that making demos and helping catch wh and glitchers is not worth the bother?? It negates the spirit of you post and just makes you look butthurt.

But there are a lot of people who are spawncamping over the redspawn (not in the core of the castle), but really on the walkway above the reds pawn to shoot at players spawning (not the one near the bridge, the one near the crates). We had a few players doing that just 30minutes ago, and the admin who was online slapping someone didn't care since it helped his team. There were 2 DN members online ATM, Harpo and Panda and since they were also in blue team, often a few meters behind the spawncampers it was not a problem for them.

So please, educate your DN members and make the police on your server because the fairplay is almost non existent.

Well, you don't seem to know what sk is either.

I also wrote a somewhat lengthy topic on why the current gameplay suck and why I feel it has come to a standstill. In my opinion TDM does not show your true skill and sadly some play it just for the numbers in XLRstats.

I find that most of the people that complain about XLRstats are people whose stats either suck or players who are good/very good in other gametypes and get frustated because, like Maz says, TDM does not show their true skill.

Finally, unlike iLoser, I don't really care about who you are and your nick. I just think that if you really wanted to make a good point and were trying to improve something, you could probably have picked a different name in the forum. Calling your self DNareMorons just makes me think you are butthurt about something and came here to bitch about it and not to improve gameplay. Please prove me wrong and go make some demos so admins can do something about it.
# 8
01 Jan 2016 14:03 | Last edit: 01 Jan 2016 14:09

Team survivor is only playing with teammates. On team survivor you can only show your skill if you are the last in your team. :)
Stop spamming the bullshit: "Team deathmatch doesn't show your true skill". That's so wrong!

Sorry, I should have made it a bit clearer. I was only pointing my fingers at those players who join our TDM Server, grab their SR8, G36 or PSG1 and go hide in a window opening or behind a wall for hours and have their kills/deaths stats around 70:2 or along those lines. If you want to call this type of gamestyle true skill, be my guest.

---

@Mercer,
Sadly it has been proven as soon as you think outside the box and show that you care about the gameplay and possibly want a change to how the game is played, you are the odd one out and are told to fuck off and get lost. Gamers hate change and that is why new players are dragged in to the idiotic gameplay of camping, blocking and not giving a fuck about your team.

This issue does not only exist in Urban Terror, but in every other fps game that have public servers. Playing for stats have become reality, and playing for fun is not on the menu anymore.
# 9
01 Jan 2016 15:12 | Last edit: 01 Jan 2016 15:12
DNaremorons , eh?
If you really think so, why are you posting here?
Beside of the provided names in your posting , these behaviors could be noticed on every public server XYZ or ABC or JKLM or.....
Do you spam every succesful public servers forum or is your problem only related to DN?
Love it or leave it!
01 Jan 2016 16:22

Sorry, I should have made it a bit clearer. I was only pointing my fingers at those players who join our TDM Server, grab their SR8, G36 or PSG1 and go hide in a window opening or behind a wall for hours and have their kills/deaths stats around 70:2 or along those lines. If you want to call this type of gamestyle true skill, be my guest.

---

@Mercer,
Sadly it has been proven as soon as you think outside the box and show that you care about the gameplay and possibly want a change to how the game is played, you are the odd one out and are told to fuck off and get lost. Gamers hate change and that is why new players are dragged in to the idiotic gameplay of camping, blocking and not giving a fuck about your team.

This issue does not only exist in Urban Terror, but in every other fps game that have public servers. Playing for stats have become reality, and playing for fun is not on the menu anymore.

I'm not sure how to take your post Maz, and I don't really want to hijack this topic but I'll try to make some points:

1- Imo, TS and CTF take more skill than TDM. But you could also make the argument that it's just "different" skills, and not "better" or "more" skills
2- I hope none of my posts ever came across as "fuck off and get lost"...
3- Like I say before, it's impossible (call me a pessimist) to change the current Eagle 24/7 TDM gameplay, mostly because, imo, it's being played like it was meant to be played. Some "camp" (defining camp could lead to a very large and long debate), some rush, some are just noob and/or confused and/or inexperienced. It's Eagle TDM!! 24/7!!
4- Your Eagle server is very popular, so I would think a lot of people like it and are fine with the gameplay
5- You are a leader in DN. I would think that not many people are in a better position than you to make/promote change if you feel there's something wrong that could be improved
6- I've said this before. Yes i know the T in TDM means team. But you can't really expect to have real teamwork in a server where, at any given time, you have a majority of players who are noob, confused, inexperienced, just not very good or that just don't really care about the Team part. Most just want to run or jump around and shoot the other team before they get killed. For teamwork you have your TS server. How is that server going?

When I read what I just wrote, I see it's not a very constructive feedback or opinion, but I think that there is just not much wrong with Eagle TDM 24/7. Maybe you expectations are misplaced? Please don't feel attacked Maz, it's not my intention. (unless you're on the roof of boathouse ;) )

Anyway, hit me up anytime you want, I'll answer sooner or later.