Community forums

The gameplay has come to a standstill

# 1
11 Dec 2015 18:41
I am normally not one to complain out loud about anything, but just to go with the flow.. but the last few months the gameplay on Eagle has really gotten on my nerves, and deep. Whilst I know it is a public server and everything, but still…

My issues with the current gameplay are team mates blocking you in two ways, medics and campers. But to tackle the team mates issue first.

- Team mates are not supposed to block you, but to me it seems that there is only one direction and that is forward no matter what. Somehow the mindset here seems to be “Screw everyone else but it is very important that I get from point A to point B. Maybe even get a few kills along the way.”

- The blocking issue is a two part one. The first part is when a team mate is running in front of you when you shoot at an opponent, this disrupts your fire and in some cases you often end up dead.

The second part is when you try to get out of a fight, either to reload or heal you have a team mate running towards you without moving either to the left or to the right.. or you have a team mate standing right next to you blocking you from moving towards one direction.

- Team mates are also supposed to help you out when there are enemies and not hide behind the corner or watch as you try to take on three or more enemies shooting at you at the same time.

- Medics are also an issue. We have players who play medics, but refuse to aid anyone else on the team.. they just run straight past you. We also have medics who try to heal you and actually run after you when you clearly have signaled that you do not need a medic at the moment. And the third issue with medics is when they stand either in front of you while giving aid so you are unable to cover, or right next to you so you cannot move.

Players also seem to think it is only medics who can heal you, but that is not the case. A normal player can heal another up to 50% of their health, while a medic can heal you up to 90%. Two normal players at the same time also heal as fast as one medic does, while two medics are insanely fast.

You can also slide even though you are only 5% health, anything below that makes it impossible. On a public TDM server you also technically do not need a medic before you are down to around 30-40% health, but some medics seem to think you need one as soon as your healthy goes down to around 80-85%.
# 2
11 Dec 2015 18:42
-I have always had an issue with campers because I personally think they take the fun out of the game. Some may argue that camping is just strategic gameplay, but I would argue that is it not. It is not fun getting shot down by campers as soon as you stick your nose through an opening.

Some even take to camping even though there are 4 – 6 players on the server. The most extreme case of camping I have seen here is when there were 3 players on the server and two of them were camping. This would probably not be an issue if Eagle was a lot smaller, but being it is such a big map designed for 16+ players it heavily disrupts the gameplay and makes it extremely slow. It’s like watching grass grow.

Campers often tend to stick in groups. I personally do not like being the only one playing offensive when 10 – 12 players from your own team are camping. Not too long ago there were 5 players camping with SR8 near red spawn and a few in the castle near cable cars and the train, leaving only a few players on the offensive.

--

The big issue is probably just the way Eagle is designed as it suits campers the best. There are many good areas where you can just sit and wait. The most commonly used places are the boathouse, red side cable cars, water, crates near red spawn, train as well as the house on the blue side near the railroad.

Imagine here to play offensive while there is a camper just showing their head and weapon above the boathouse wall or sitting inside the boathouse.

People complain about that it is the hackers who disrupt the gameplay but in fact is the constant camping along with hackers that are the main factors to why issues arise.

The main question here is what can we do to make the gameplay more enjoyable for everyone. Currently I see players join, play for a few minutes or leave after they have been shot down by the same camper five or more times in a row. What is there to do so new players have a chance to be dragged in to this game? What can we do to make them stay in the community? Because the current situation with this game and the gameplay here makes it impossible for new players to have a chance or even enjoy this game.

People have said that the game is dying, and if it is, then I believe the reasons above are the main factor to why it actually may be the case...

Just my concerns.
# 3
11 Dec 2015 19:08
i see what u mean but keep in mind most players play this for fun im sorry to tell but they dont want the tactical thing maybe they just enjoy to just run towords enemy and slaughter them thats how they get the fun out of it i can understand that its not funn for you but
and about the blocking and camping i agree ;)
but i hope youll come back stronger ;)
# 4
11 Dec 2015 21:51
I understand everything you say, but keep in mind Eagle 24/7 TDM is, in my opinion, an entry level/fun type of map/gameplay. Most of the players there don't really care about strategy. Most of them are just starting to play UrT or just want to kick back and have a little fun. Also, several don't really understand/care about the details of teamplay. Besides, you can't really demand teamwork when there are 10vs10 players and about 75% of them just don't know the first thing about teamplay.

Maybe put up a server with a different game type? ;) CTF, TS, GUN (it's fun!)?
# 5
12 Dec 2015 00:24
it's good to see someone cares about the gameplay on the server.

i don't see any chance you can educate the players on your server to not camp.
the only way to change that would be to disallow camping. i don't think that's the way to go here.

the players you actually might be able to influence are the players of your clan. i personally think every clanmember should set an example by how they behave on the server and also how they play the game.
those are the people you can get a grip on. maybe you should rethink your recruitment strategy for the clan.
it's basically a matter of time until basically everyone meets the requirements. the "voting system" is a nice idea but flawed.
it's just based on sympathy, rarely a players behavior, skill, experience and overall "personality" is taken into account.

spend a little time on the server in spec, maybe using gtv and you will see that quite a few of your teammembers tend to hard camping. i have referred to that in my grinding thread. i see this aspect as part of this problem.

your latest dn addition though should set the bar for all the others: patsy!

patsy gives a shit, he just here for the game, for scoring, not doing it with cheap tricks (using doors, or hard camping) but by mastering the game!! go go patsy!:)
# 6
12 Dec 2015 02:33
I think discipline players who come to our server, it is extremely complicated.
way too are players that come every day. They not all abide by the rule of not being campers. I personally agree that when using the sniper hidden SR8 me a little to avoid my death. but I also know that the game is bad camping. that's why I'm against hidden sniper.
as a solution could provide. initiate the use of a new rule prohibiting the campsite, with strict respect for those who do the consequences. but I think it's very difficult to get our server campers are gone.
lock relative to the outputs of each of the spawns. hehehe hate makes me angry when I want to go out and lack of focus with me all those teammates who looks like they know not move. no solution to it; We can not teach how should leave the spawn. :side:

I think we should change the rules. or at least add a few more rules and tighter look.
# 7
12 Dec 2015 08:09
about banning camp what do you think the rules should be it aint easy how you see camp when is it camp after 5 sec or 1 min
and if you move 5 meters is it still camp then?
# 8
12 Dec 2015 10:05
Camping is an issue but banning it is not a solution.
# 9
12 Dec 2015 16:36 | Last edit: 12 Dec 2015 16:37

Camping is an issue but banning it is not a solution.

Mezfer right.
with greatly reduced camper ban the game on our server, because there are many players who enter and carry your sniper.
but I think we should apply a sanction for the player to stay for long or many rounds in the same place, you can give warnings and otherwise complies take the necessary reprisals.

about banning camp what do you think the rules should be it aint easy how you see camp when is it camp after 5 sec or 1 min
and if you move 5 meters is it still camp then?

jeff.
if you are in a sniper position, you can kill all the enemies you can, but you can not be there 100/100 in the same place. It is annoying.
and of course you can move qe want but again, you are in position jeep and is not adequate.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
12 Dec 2015 16:57
Way to much time is spent complaining about how some play the game. Frankly, I get tired of it. I continually hear players whining about camping, weapon choice, mostly G-36 and PSG, using Tac Goggles, not wearing a helmet. Generally, those complaining are accomplished players. Create a server banning these things and see how long it lasts.

I often hear players complimenting how DN addresses cheats. Everyone hates a cheat, except the cheat. When the WC Eagle server was operating they were praised for dealing with cheats. When WC admin stopped monitoring the server, cheats using Aimbots and Wall Hacks ruled the game and honest players left for other servers.

I think we need to reconsider the Spawn Kill and Bullet Proof Glass rule as to much time is spent trying to stop players from doing it. Mostly it is new players that do not know.