Community forums

Guns topic

# 1
12 Jul 2015 17:53 | Last edit: 12 Jul 2015 18:02
sooo i know I've been talking so much about guns on the server I've decided to post pics of my firearms... since it is my avatar, i won't take another picture of it but it is my Ruger .357 magnum
revolver.

AK-47

SKS

Remmington 870
Please login or create an account to view attachments.
# 2
12 Jul 2015 17:58

AR-15 / M4 upper receiver will be a complete gun this upcoming week.

Smith and Wesson M&P40 in .40S&W
# 3
12 Jul 2015 18:00
I will add more of them since i have about 5 more guns. But i did this right before i go into work... i wanted to open up this post so you all could post pics of your guns. discuss your dream guns, etc etc.
# 4
12 Jul 2015 19:37
Lucker :P I live in a country where it is disallowed to have any equipment for defence... Just in case if i stopped enjoying next and next taxes increases :P
# 5
12 Jul 2015 19:38
Its illegal here to own all that :lol:
# 6
12 Jul 2015 22:32
whats your opinion on not being allowed to own firearms? Can you for hunting even?
# 7
13 Jul 2015 13:30 | Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 13:33
I have too many firearms and only one is a non-hunting firearm. My non-hunting gun is a Russian SKS that is original except for a contour scope I installed. I thought it would be a good hog gun but it is not accurate enough to hunt with. Everything else I have is hunting rifles and shotguns. I too have a Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum, mine is a 1967 "Three Screw" Blackhawk I bought it new to hunt hogs. It is a good brush gun that will take a hog down instantly. My Blackhawk has never had the safety “retrofit” so I always leave the chamber under the hammer empty.

I don't hunt as much as I use to. I do Dove hunt a few times a year and I kill as many deer as I can because they eat everything in my vegetable garden and my wife’s flowers. I give most all the deer away but if I kill a very small one I keep some of it for myself. The little ones are tender and better tasting than a big doe or buck. We do not have wild hogs here in Northeast Tennessee where I retired.

In my opinion guns and lack of control is a major problem for the U.S. The U.S. has more than10 times the homicides of other developed industrialized nations. Now people are wanting to “open carry”. I was in Texas last year and I saw dozens of people walking around with assault type weapons. That made me feel very unsafe. I stopped at a gas station and the clerk had a pistol on his hip in the open. I warned him a thief would see him as a threat and probably shoot him immediately. He said he didn't think about that.

I most often carry a concealed weapon. I would rather not but I feel the U.S. has become a dangerous armed camp.

# 8
13 Jul 2015 15:00
i also agree in the instances with open carry, there is no need to carry around a pistol AR-15 with a 30 round magazine, thats just more of a fashion statement saying hey look at me i have a big gun. Now if you're protesting against something such as an assault rifle ban then so be it, you have the RIGHT to do so. Just don't expect LEO to be as concerned as you are. With enforcing gun laws i just believe the background check should be much more active. although i love gunshows and have boughten many of my guns from them, i did not go through a background check, all they did was check my ID to make sure i was of age. Even Felons have ID's therefore it would be very easy for a person not allowed to own a gun to get a gun. Which btw gramps my SKS is also a ruskie 1953 i believe. love the shellac red coloring they do to their stocks, and always reliable. my Ruger is i believe a 1978 Security Six with a 6" heavy barrel. Bought it for deer hunting only have killed a groundhog and a squirrel so far.
# 9
11 Aug 2015 23:35 | Last edit: 12 Aug 2015 03:24

well i finally finished up all my classes and all of that bs. now i have time to spend on getting money and building my guns. Im going to sell this rifle come september, and gather money to either build or buy an AR-10 which is this guns big brother, in .308/7.62x51mm. if i buy one I've had my eyes set on a M&P 10 by Smith and Wesson.
12 Aug 2015 03:23 | Last edit: 12 Aug 2015 03:23

ok hackmac, heres my beer of choice.