Community forums

Karl Maria Seeberg - time to say hello

# 1
07 Sep 2015 23:58
hello gang,

i've played on dn's server for quite some time now, so i thought i'd swing by for a quick introduction.

i am not sure but if i remember correctly i've started playing urt back in 2007 or 2008. i was pretty active all those years in game as well as on the offical urbanterror.info forum.

i was admin on a few servers and was friendly with the boobs clan, though did not join their ranks officially.

i ran the uptown only ts server for boobs, was main admin there. i handled bans and promotions (echelon), reviewed demos, etc.

i consider myself a rather calm and friendly player, though at times there can be rage ,).

i have no interest in joining a clan (that's the reason i am posting in this subforum) but would like to support your admin team on the 24/7 eagle server.

since urt became rather unpopular and the community is at an all time low there is hardly any cheating happening. i haven't seen cheats in 4.2.23 so far. 4.1 was a nightmare compared to the current situation. it seems the worst that can happen are unfriendly or unfair players.
the most annoying issue for me at the moment are racist, sexist or homophobic names or remarks.
i don't want to have to look at names like ni****_killer or kike but i feel those are offenses taken lightly at the moment. insults and spamming (text and radio) are on my list of no-nos was well.

what i'd like to do is to help you create a welcoming atmosphere on the server. my times of reviewing demos for hours (shownormals on/ off, timelapse, slow mo) are over. i don't believe in permanent bans either (since cheating seems to be no big issue). the ability to kick/ tempban still would be tools i'd like to have access to.

i have to stress that i visit the server quite frequently and i am/ can be online on any time of the day.

let me know, if you have a slot open in your (admin) team.

so long,
karl
# 2
08 Sep 2015 09:57
Hey Karl! I know you pretty well from back in 4.1! It's great to see you here on the forum as well! I know that you are very active here on the DN, and you have a good xlrstats!

xlrstats.drunknoobs.com/1/player_stats/view/146

Iknow that you are pretty active on the urbanterror.info forums as well! Ithink i remember you from
"Boobs Uptown 24/7" cause i played alot there back in the days!

I wish you a big welcome!

- Madcat
# 3
08 Sep 2015 14:26
Lol Madcat....

Hi there Karl !
# 4
08 Sep 2015 17:15
hi karl :)
and welcome to forum
i think i can remember u from uptown servers i played there allot
if u name still are the same as back then im sure i have meet u there, my name was
smoke_weed :P

cya from lodbrog
# 5
08 Sep 2015 22:55
hoho .. yeah i have never used any other name than karl maria seeberg. it's e me!

nice to see familiar faces, though smoke_weed doesn't ring a bell. lodbrog is definitely a better choice.

what name did you use back then, madcat?

thanks for the warm welcome.
# 6
08 Sep 2015 23:07

hoho .. yeah i have never used any other name than karl maria seeberg. it's e me!

nice to see familiar faces, though smoke_weed doesn't ring a bell. lodbrog is definitely a better choice.

Ive been having alot of names! But some of the names i was wellknown with was "Sitrus._." and "Nightm@re" "Chi|nightm@re" "Pnk|Nightm@re"

Does anyone sounds familiar? :)
# 7
09 Sep 2015 07:03
Welcome :)
# 8
09 Sep 2015 07:05

oki then karl :D
and yes lodbrog is a better name the other one was also 5-7 years ago :P
# 9
09 Sep 2015 14:38
:) Nice to see u
09 Sep 2015 17:11
Hi Karl :b ,
Z_fRe@k! if you remember ;)