Community forums

General Conversation :)

# 1
19 Feb 2016 18:19 | Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 18:21
Hey DrunkNoobs.

Asian_assassin here! I'm happy to be considering DN Eagle a new regular server of mine. My friends Gramps and Mercer are here and my other friends Dark/Pichiller have asked me to come over to it :). I have played here over the last year or two probably off and on. I never really played Eagle much and never liked it because of that. After much time just messing around on your server I've come to enjoy some aspects of the map.

I've also spent some time in the past week to read through your forums and get a feel for the group and its people. In short, I like the atmosphere here. It's fairly clean, and you guys deal with issues decently well.

I DON'T want to start any arguments but I do have a question or two about some server rules.
First, may I ask, why can we not use the bulletproof glass on the top of the castle? My reasoning as to why I think it should be allowed is that anyone who goes to the edge of the balcony (or attempts to shoot through it) will eventually realize that it exists and therefore is not the same as the rest of the balcony railing. It's not the same as the glitches in the map where you can go under/around the tunnel through a series of special techniques. That's a whole other conversation (but I'd still stick with that as a rule). But anyways, why restrict players from using that specific glass? It's literally the most obvious "glitch" in the map that I'd say was purposely put there for the reason of crouching to hide from oncoming fire.

I make maps, and the texture used there was MOST LIKELY not put on accident. Therefore, why restrict a purposeful "glitch"?

Last question, what is so wrong with spawn camping? I come from the DSG clan where we allow spawn camping/killing. Sure we're another clan and we have different rules, but if the teams are decent enough then the battles will eventually result in the spawn camping ending in the opposing team's death thus allowing the team to get out of spawn.
Personally, I spawn camp a lot (probably not the conventional spawn camp, but more outside spawn and around the corner in/around buildings). I'm not afraid to admit that I find a tactical advantage to spawn camp in order to prevent enemies from killing teammates infiltrating the enemy base. I like to back them up.

Anyone wanna give me a concise explanation as to why I may be wrong? Thanks :).

Regards,

AA :)
# 2
19 Feb 2016 18:35 | Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 18:37
Hi AA, I'm not an admin of the server as well as I'm not part of DN. So take my reply as a personal opinion.
I used to be an admin of an Eagle Only server in the past, we used to allow that glitch couse it was a mere waste of time for the ones using it since it was CTF. CTF is not about kills but about capturing flags, therefore we didn't mind at all.

Being this server a TDM one, it all comes about kills. If a glitch does give you an advantage over the opponent it should be disallowed. Is this the case? Does that invisible wall give you an advantage? Well it does.
The advantage stands in the fact that you can pre-aim to your opponent, he can do the same, I agree, but he will never know the moment you will stand up to shoot him. It all depends on your quickness in shooting, if you are quick enough (most of the times, since it's quite easy once you pre-aimed) he will have no chance. That's why I agree about the rule.

About spawnkill.
I've played in many official UrT competitions and, especially in CTF, spawnkilling was not only allowed but crucial for the victory. Preventing your opponent to go out of the spawn is the #1 rule in a CTF clan war. That said, it's not a competition. People want to have fun here and being killed 10 times form the same guy who knows exactly where you will respawn (another great advantage) will most likely make you ragequit. This is a public server so it's all about fun! Spawnkilling is not funny. If you face an experienced player he will avoid your spawnkill very easily. It only works against "noobs", but isn't it even more fun to face a "noob" in an even fight where no one has taken an advantage on the other?

Think about it :)

AlexD
# 3
19 Feb 2016 18:41 | Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 18:43
Yeah you're definitely right about that. I currently play competitions for Team Asia when I can and we are obviously allowed to spawn kill because we have to.

In regards to killing noobs, well yes you're right again. I love to play against skilled players. I get to learn how to play better or smarter if I die. I love to figure out new ways to do stuff which is why I came to the DN server in the first place. I never really played Eagle much so coming here and just learning routes people go, and the general strategy of the TDM gametype of Eagle has taught me a lot recently. So I guess the glass rule is good since as you put it you don't want people to ragequit because of a stupid glitch.

I knew all that you said already, but I love to hear other's opinions about the rules and what they think could be done to improve the server and its rules.

GG!

-AA :)
# 4
19 Feb 2016 19:01
Both the ban on shooting from behind the bullet proof glass and spawn kill were the result of member votes. It would be less of a headache if it were allowed. Maybe it's time to vote on it again.

I hope to see more of you AA, you are not only an excellent player but friendly and helpful.

Sorry you had a problem with an AssHat, rest assured Mazfer will look in to it.
# 5
19 Feb 2016 20:27
Nice to see you here!

Like Gramps said, those rules came from members vote.
To understand those rules, it may hlep you to know that many players who come to the server are not very experienced. They would not have a very nice time playing if they were killed while in spawn. This way everyone has some time to make adjustments.
As to the glitch, it gives unfair advantage. If it was allowed would probably also result in a bad playing experience to average or below average players in blue who, unlike most experience players, do not know how to kill the glitcher and would keep getting killed and killed and killed and... left the server.
# 6
21 Feb 2016 19:26
Nice. I figured as much with the spawn killing issue. I can live without spawn killing :)....maybe hehe

I have noticed the lower skilled players on the DN server. No worries there, just more for my team to kill :D

I'll definitely be around more often hanging out.

BTW does DN have a Teamspeak (abbreviated TS)?

If not, I'd love to set up a free one. I have in the past for my own fun, and I'm sure some may like this idea. Maybe vote on it lol

-AA
# 7
21 Feb 2016 19:39

Nice. I figured as much with the spawn killing issue. I can live without spawn killing :)....maybe hehe

I have noticed the lower skilled players on the DN server. No worries there, just more for my team to kill :D

I'll definitely be around more often hanging out.

BTW does DN have a Teamspeak (abbreviated TS)?

If not, I'd love to set up a free one. I have in the past for my own fun, and I'm sure some may like this idea. Maybe vote on it lol

ts3.drunknoobs.com id think not sure
-AA