Community forums

The Progress: Website layout changes

This topic has been locked.
# 1
05 Sep 2015 09:49 | Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 10:14
As per Jonny's topic (drunknoobs.com/component/kunena/general-...t-your-gameplay-pics) some layout changes are gonna be made over the next few weeks. So I thought I'd keep you updated on the progress.

I am actually just playing around with colors, ideas and is being designed locally atm.

The top of the site has received a bit of a make up. You can now log in directly from the site without having to go through one extra page.

When logged in you can access the same menu as you can now.

I have also changed the module that handles the menu. This way we will get rid of the "jumpy" feeling when scrolling. This also opens up possibilities for a proper mobile menu.

The menu works the same way as the current one. It also sticks to a fixed position upon scrolling down.

I have also added a breadcrumb for easier navigation through the forums. Someone also mentioned that replying to topics, creating new topics and casually navigating the site was a bit of a problem for new users. This has been changed and is still under construction:

The forum posts have also received a bit of an overhaul. The idea is to make it look a bit more like a speech bubble. I have also moved around and added some code to make the forum structure easier to design.

# 2
05 Sep 2015 11:04 | Last edit: 07 Sep 2015 05:07
I've spoken a lot and a long time about changing the way the quoted message look and I have corrected to have a border around the name as well as the message.

More updates will be added to new posts.
# 3
05 Sep 2015 12:11
Looks great, excellent work!
# 4
05 Sep 2015 12:23
Good job, reminds me of DrunkNoobs on mobile.
# 5
05 Sep 2015 12:37
If i might have just one little suggestion... keep the avatar round, or a normal squere... that "rhombus" (google tranlator) looks very very weird imo.

As for rest: Very very nice work. Its also very nice to know that you still didnt forget about us :-)
# 6
05 Sep 2015 12:53

If i might have just one little suggestion... keep the avatar round, or a normal squere... that "rhombus" (google tranlator) looks very very weird imo.

As for rest: Very very nice work. Its also very nice to know that you still didnt forget about us :-)

Here's one with a circled avatar.

Personally I like the rhombus better, but it comes down to personal preferences.

And yes, I haven't forgotten about any of you. I'm still here, reading and checking the forums daily :)
# 7
05 Sep 2015 14:01
NICE it looks cool and can easy type back on topics :D
n1

cya from lodbrog
# 8
05 Sep 2015 17:35
Nice :woohoo:
# 9
06 Sep 2015 11:18
Im so excited for the new changes with the layout and stuff! And i can't wait for the chatbox to come! :)

Great work!
06 Sep 2015 12:34
Okay, so now when the elephant is out of the room and everyone knows that a shoutbox is coming.

Here's the alternatives:

a) Have the shoutbox on a separate page.
b) Have the shoutbox in the bottom of each page, above the footer.
c) Have the shoutbox on a separate page as well as in the bottom of each page (the shoutbox above the footer is excluded from the separate shoutbox page)

Let me know what you think. :)