Community forums

Afk force spec

# 1
02 Aug 2015 07:56
AFK players are a lot of trouble . They imbalance the game. I want to request you to make some changes. That players who are afk for 30 seconds should be force spec and those who are in spec for an hour should be kicked :)
# 2
02 Aug 2015 08:10
kicking SPECs automaticly - disagreed. Let them be there (let them make stats for our server xD) IF server is not full. If its full an admin whois in there should kick them.

Autoforce inactive ones to SPEC - 347,54% agreed!!! If we can't make it auto, maybe we can make "!afk" work for users?
# 3
02 Aug 2015 09:04
I have seen in other servers (e.x: Gxs Bomb Server ) if u stay inactive for 10 seconds you will be send to spectator mode. but i guess !afk will work too :)
# 4
02 Aug 2015 10:18
im the guy who takes care of being a smartass, not the one taking care of technical things :P i saw that too, and i hope we can make it work, but just in case we couldnt, !afk for users will do too.
# 5
02 Aug 2015 10:39
I was already going to say it's not possible, because with b3 you can't see if a players is moving (and only a noob who isn't killing anyone) or if he's afk.

But I just found out about a cvar that does exactly that:
set g_inactivity "0" // Time in seconds before a non-moving player will be kicked. (Default 0)
set g_inactivityAction "0" // Define the inactivity action (0: kick, 1: move to spec). (Default 0)

the g_inactivityAction is new I think, I can't remember to have it seen in 4.1. Back than g_inactivity always kicked the player which is not good if the server is not full.
# 6
02 Aug 2015 10:54
Uh no?! 30 seconds ?!?!? I am sometimes afk too. To eat someting fast, go to the bathroom etc. Really bad idea that ''30 seconds''. And making ''!afk'' command avaible for normal players too.
# 7
02 Aug 2015 11:01
If you need to do that then go to spec , do it then come back and rejoin :D Easy Peasy !
# 8
02 Aug 2015 11:17
yes. If you are AFK even for a little moment like 30s, go SPEC.

@Zap: ive seen people who not move getting forced to spec also in 4.1. Idk if it was by b3, or cvar.
I think we should implement it, so that it forces the inactive guy to spec. Its better than giving !afk to all users, cause that will be for sure abused by people to troll, or make a guy who doesnt read chat (so wont even answer) go spec even if hes moving, eventually earning easy cheated kills (if u know a specific player is beheind corner you type !afk hisname, and than go kill him when he is typing to not get forced spec).
# 9
02 Aug 2015 11:30 | Last edit: 02 Aug 2015 12:44
hi there :)
think that if we can make !afk command avaible for members and recruts not normal players cause if there are a fuck head amoung them there would maybe abuse it :)

and for sure yes to the activityaction (auto afk) command if it can Work, 30 sec are totaly fine and u have the time to change gun or take a sip of Water or beer or what ever u are drinking :D

cya from lodbrog :)
02 Aug 2015 11:48
Same opinion as Lodbrog here ,just make it available for recruits and members and the problem should be solved. The amount of members should control it as we have already at least a member online.