Community forums

Admin Abuse

This topic has been locked.
# 1
13 Mar 2016 17:34
I want to report that I have been unfairly treated by hackmac, an administrator of this server. After using the word "jew" in a completely neutral context I have been firstly kicked and then I have been given a racism warning by the aforementioned administrator, without any logical reason. Therefore, I demand a public apology from this administrator and I ask the people responsible of this server to take the necessary action in order to avoid this kind of abuse. Thanks.
# 2
13 Mar 2016 17:51
Some people's children...

In 3 months, you have 7 warnings from 3 different admins for 4 different reasons...
Also, you chat log is...interesting to say the least (not in a good way, imo).
Is it all a conspiracy against you, I wonder?

In the future, focus more on playing and having fun instead of starting pointless discussions in the server (and in the forum).
# 3
13 Mar 2016 18:07 | Last edit: 13 Mar 2016 18:08

Some people's children...

In 3 months, you have 7 warnings from 3 different admins for 4 different reasons...
Also, you chat log is...interesting to say the least (not in a good way, imo).
Is it all a conspiracy against you, I wonder?

In the future, focus more on playing and having fun instead of starting pointless discussions in the server (and in the forum).

Mercer, that was an ad hominem fallacy ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem). And You have not solved the problem I am talking about.
# 4
13 Mar 2016 18:10
I have looked in the chatlog and have found the following.

1. You didn't listen to what hackmac is telling you, if you cant follow the admins instructions on the server then you are not welcome there or here either.

2. You were arguing with an admin which is actually against the rules (Rule 3) so I think this is enough to close this topic :)
# 5
13 Mar 2016 18:53

I have looked in the chatlog and have found the following.

1. You didn't listen to what hackmac is telling you, if you cant follow the admins instructions on the server then you are not welcome there or here either.

2. You were arguing with an admin which is actually against the rules (Rule 3) so I think this is enough to close this topic :)

JonnyUK, thanks for your answer. Respect to the first point: can you please cite what order given by the administrator "hackmac" was I unfollowing? Respect to the whole answer: just like Mercer, you are not answering what I asked in the post.
I might have commited infractions and maybe You may prove it, but that does not give hackmac a justification to call me racist. Please, I beg You to focus on the topic. Thanks.
# 6
14 Mar 2016 01:31 | Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 01:33

... After using the word "jew" in a completely neutral context I have been firstly kicked and then I have been given a racism warning by the aforementioned administrator, without any logical reason. ...

Just to state the facts the chronological order from chatlog:

Pleaseshootme: Screw that Jew
13.03.16 17:12:58
Pleaseshootme: just Screw that Jew
13.03.16 17:13:35
Pleaseshootme: Who is jewish here?
13.03.16 17:24:18

At this date i placed a warning for racism and kicked Pleaseshootme

Pleaseshootme: any jew here?
13.03.16 17:24:33
Pleaseshootme: SO hackmac is jewish
13.03.16 17:26:08
Pleaseshootme: Jews are samrt
13.03.16 17:26:32
Pleaseshootme: smart*
13.03.16 17:26:34

hackmac: Pleaseshootme 2nd warning for racism..next is tempban
ALL 13.03.16 17:26:42

Pleaseshootme: Is it racism to say: 'niggers dance better'? :P
13.03.16 21:58:35

So please stop telling i call you a racist.
All I say is: You got a warning for racism.
My bad: it is just one warning active. Tempban works after two more warnings
# 7
14 Mar 2016 18:54

... After using the word "jew" in a completely neutral context I have been firstly kicked and then I have been given a racism warning by the aforementioned administrator, without any logical reason. ...

Just to state the facts the chronological order from chatlog:

Pleaseshootme: Screw that Jew
13.03.16 17:12:58
Pleaseshootme: just Screw that Jew
13.03.16 17:13:35
Pleaseshootme: Who is jewish here?
13.03.16 17:24:18

At this date i placed a warning for racism and kicked Pleaseshootme

Pleaseshootme: any jew here?
13.03.16 17:24:33
Pleaseshootme: SO hackmac is jewish
13.03.16 17:26:08
Pleaseshootme: Jews are samrt
13.03.16 17:26:32
Pleaseshootme: smart*
13.03.16 17:26:34

hackmac: Pleaseshootme 2nd warning for racism..next is tempban
ALL 13.03.16 17:26:42

Pleaseshootme: Is it racism to say: 'niggers dance better'? :P
13.03.16 21:58:35

So please stop telling i call you a racist.
All I say is: You got a warning for racism.
My bad: it is just one warning active. Tempban works after two more warnings

Thanks for your answer. First of all, I am very saddened by your misinterpretation of the phrase "screw that jew". The word "screw" (as most of the words) is polysemic, that is, it has more than a single meaning. In any way did I use its pejorative form.
Respect to the phrase "Who is jewish here?", the word jewish has no pejorative meaning nor has a pejorative meaning the question itself, so I am somewhat confused about how could that words contribute to a warning for racism. Respect to the second part, there is not even a small trace of racism in what I said, therefore I cannot understand how could it suppose another warning for racism.

Secondly, in the third part you add a comment that was made by me after you gave me the warnings for racism without any reason (in fact, the comment was made several hours after I created this post). Again, You understood the word in its pejorative form, even if its often used in a neutral way.

Finally, You ask me to stop telling You called me a racist. But in practical terms, when You give someone a warning for racism (unjustified, to worse matters) You are calling that person racist. I hope I have clarified the situation. Thanks.
# 8
19 Mar 2016 18:19
My dear Pleaseshootme!
Only a little number of players in UrT is english speaking by nature.
Maybe its a good idea to avoid in the future terms or phrases that can be easily misunderstood, please think about it.
If you continue with your very special kind of word games , it could be counted by the administration as a provocation...and a kick would be the smallest problem that you would face then.
Stay nice and have fun in game :whistle:
# 9
19 Mar 2016 19:06 | Last edit: 19 Mar 2016 19:08
It's interesting that nobody replied to that second last comment. I 'll take the bait since i feel this guy must not have the last word here.
(Wow my comment got preempted by cthulhu's:)

This guy got an interesting approach to defending his actions but obviously his line of argument does not hold up, if you think it through.
He does not discuss the whole situation, instead he seems to be doing something that's usually considered thoughtful and considered. He seems to be going into detail. He's picking out single words to explain their meaning or in his case multiple meanings.
Pulling words out of context and simply defending the potential meaning of those words is deceiving, cause he appears to be defending himself, when he's actually not talking about his actions. He's explaining how language works but while doing so leaves out the importance of context.
So lets pull back and take a look the situation that happend on a gaming server, in an online shooter, at a certain date during a peroid of time. If we do so, we'll end up at hackmac's post and the chatlog he added. That's what we are dealing with here, not single words floating in a vacuum.
And since we are talking context we encounter another deceiving strategy this guy's using. He's insinuating that for some reason he has the power to decide how the words he chose ought to be understood. That's presumptuous and only works if you are talking to yourself, taken you are on your own. If there are other people around you don't get to control the meaning of your words just by pure will. If you open your mouth and speak, you have to anticipate what the words you are using mean or can potentially mean in the context you are using them in. So language got a life of its own. Funny enough, this guy is referring to this fact by claiming words got multiple meanings , when at the same time denies it by saying it's his decision how his words were meant.
People usually resort back to "it was not meant that way" when they said something insulting, the damage was done and they feel sorry and are trying to apologise for their actions. As most of us probably know,the pain words can cause won't vanish even if you got an apology. This proves you don't get words to bend to your will, even considerably less in retrospect.
The sad thing is that this guy obviously understands how language can work, so he understands perfectly what he did, said and meant but he still decided to do it and he's even defending it. This makes his actions even worse.
What he's doing with his last comment is simply looking for loopholes, that allow him not to take responsibilty for his bullshit.
His insult to black people - nicely wrapped in a question - proves exactly that. It's an insult in disguise.

Let me end this wall of text by saying that i depise this kind of behavior.
I would not warn that guy, i'd ban him on a regular basis.

I suggest this thread is closed to avoid more trolling and provocative remarks by this guy.
19 Mar 2016 22:04 | Last edit: 19 Mar 2016 22:13
Thanks KMS, well analysed.
I am now closing thread, as this has lasted long enough.
Core