Community forums

Appeal a ban

# 1
17 Oct 2015 18:32
Dear DN Tribunal,

Yesterday my client mr. Hitchslap made some midly inflammatory remarks under the influence of alcohol (BAC levels of 0.10-0.125). My client states that he was ''shitfaced'' and just ''pissing for shits and giggles''. He also alleges that he was banned permanently without any warning. A very severe ruling indeed! That's why we want to appeal this sentence; we all make mistakes, everybody should be given a second-chance, a way of redeeming themselves and making a positive return to society! Don't you think?

Respectfully,
Tnuc Tsiehta, attorney at law
Pukapuka, Cook Islands
# 2
17 Oct 2015 19:06
Actually you were not permbanned. You were only tempbanned for a week.

However, this thread made me read your chatlog and investigate on why you are banned. Some quotes of the things you said during the last week:

16.10.15 22:21:41 ALL germans are the scum of Europe
16.10.15 22:21:25 ALL they are like robots
16.10.15 22:21:22 ALL they just don't have empathy
16.10.15 22:21:06 ALL it should have been disbanded after WW2
16.10.15 22:20:57 ALL Germany is the shame of Europe
16.10.15 22:20:23 ALL I don't like germans, they look like porks
16.10.15 22:19:53 ALL KarlMaria are you from Germany?

14.10.15 22:38:32 ALL how do you know a player is italian? he's always on our side as long as you are leading
14.10.15 22:34:41 ALL how do you know a player is french? he wears the armor on the back!

14.10.15 22:32:39 ALL I shower once every 2 months as our prophet instructed us in the holy Quran!
14.10.15 22:31:57 ALL I can smell my armpit fragrance

13.10.15 21:41:15 ALL because most of them marry their first cousins...
13.10.15 21:41:03 ALL do you know why IQ is just 81 in muslim countries? 1 point over mental retardation

12.10.15 22:48:43 ALL but raping underaged girls is ok
12.10.15 22:48:27 ALL a dog is not allowed, they are not clean

You play on our server since February and literally on every page of your chatlog there's at least one racist remark. You hate everyone, Muslims, Germans, Spanish, …

I don't want racist assholes on our server - your chatlog shows that you've been a racist asshole since February.

You were not permbanned but now you are.

Have fun and good luck finding another server,

Zaphot42
(from Germany)
# 3
17 Oct 2015 19:22
Making jokes = racism. Oh well, ok.
I guess this is racism too?

# 4
17 Oct 2015 19:35
Yes it is.
# 5
17 Oct 2015 21:57 | Last edit: 17 Oct 2015 22:20

Making jokes = racism. Oh well, ok.

nowadays anything is racist. Jokes, criticism, love, anything. Soon even farting will be racist.

EDIT:

BUT What youre saying... i mean the chatlog quoted... It IS racist... I actually think i know what you had in mind, and if i am right, than i agree with what you had in mind... But you kinda sucked at putting it into written words. You typed it in a racist way. And with what youve written i do not agree.
Dont blame Germans for anything their goverment and Merkel is doing/deciding...
If you understand what i mean with that one simple sentence, good, than you understand what im saying... On the other hand, if you were smart enough to understand that one little simple sentence, you would not Write those things so... Good for you i dont have as much powers as i had anymore, cause id probably tempban you for muuuuch longer :)

EDIT 2:

14.10.15 22:34:41 ALL how do you know a player is french? he wears the armor on the back!

- How many gears does a tank have?
- 4. 3 front 1 rear.
- How many gears does a french tank have?
- 4. 1 front 3 rear. :woohoo:
(BTW this wasnt a joke... this was hostory :) )

EDIT 3:
Ohhh... and my vote for or against unbanning you: (if anyone gives a fuck)
I'd say this ban is much more an award than a punishment. As i said earlier i'd probably ban you for muuuch longer time. For being an idiot who blames evry person of a nation for what a few people do.
EDIT 3.5:
You mind telling us where YOU are from? Im sure we will find someone who will have lots of fun thinking (and keeping this thought to himself) of you even as of a double idiot. Once cause of the reason alrdy 2 times said, 2nd cause of what YOUR smart goverment/president/king/whoever does.
# 6
17 Oct 2015 22:28
if you tried to exaggerate racist remarks to the point they become ridiculous, then you most certainly failed miserably.
but based on what you said about your state of mind when writing those slurs, i doubt that was actually your intention.
it sounds much more like somebody lashing out his usually bottled up believes and prejudices.
anyway, if you being funny means cracking racist jokes, well, then that's just the wrong kind of funny.
you might have been joking yet still you have done it in a racist and derogatory manner.
that was obviously a bad idea.
i personally feel that a permanent ban for being an idiot is rather harsh. you were an asshole and you admitted to it. self knowledge could be the first step for change...
p.s. do youself a favor and don't compare your crappy "humor" to dylan moran's
# 7
18 Oct 2015 05:30
its allowed to make some jokes about race thoug?
like funnie one's that dont insult people?
or is every joke aboute race banned
# 8
18 Oct 2015 05:58 | Last edit: 18 Oct 2015 08:01
There's one huge huge issue with making jokes about other races, nationalities, religion etc.. or as to put it shortly - racist jokes. Even if you find the joke to be very hilarious it can offend another person.

We have the "no racism" rule for a reason..

DN runs a multilingual and multinational clan. This means we have people from different countries, we have people who speak different languages and belong to different religions. Not everyone share the same humour as you do, nor does everyone share the same views on life, languages, religion, etc.. So you should keep this in mind when playing on our server.

Some may say "it's the internets".. but that doesn't mean you should leave your common sense at the doorstep. There is still a person behind the other screen.

So I agree with Zap. A permban is the right decision here ;)
# 9
18 Oct 2015 15:30 | Last edit: 18 Oct 2015 15:33
I see it this way:

A player like Hitchslap will not change, it is best they be Perm Banned.

DN Eagle is a place to play and have fun. For me it is not a place to express hate, make insulting comments, badger players or be vulgar. I have fun joking with others and playing the game.

Mostly, I want to kill you. :lol:
18 Oct 2015 17:06 | Last edit: 18 Oct 2015 17:06
I agree with Gramps.. I don't play on URT servers to talk religion, politics or to vent my frustration. I'M here to kill, kill, killlllllllll.. :woohoo: