Community forums

Website layout changes

This topic has been locked.
08 Jan 2016 11:32

Updates to the site as of 8 Jan 2016

- Users can now set their In-Game Urban Terror Name. (see below).

There is some bug I guess. While typing >DN<LazyPanda and saving it looks like this:

Please login or create an account to view attachments.
08 Jan 2016 13:02 | Last edit: 08 Jan 2016 13:04

There is some bug I guess. While typing >DN<LazyPanda and saving it looks like this:

I'm sure Mazfer means your Urban Terror Auth-Name.
08 Jan 2016 13:09
^
Actually I was thinking along the lines of the name that you use in the server when playing.

---

@Panda, I'm gonna fix that now. I didn't think of special chars when I tested it locally.
09 Jan 2016 07:47 | Last edit: 10 Jan 2016 07:15
This bug is proving to be more difficult to fix because of the amount of files there is. Finding the right file so I can fix what isn't just a specific field bug may take some time.

The forum should escape html characters automatically but somehow it seems to treat the < -character as an opening HTML tag and echoes it as blankspace and removes characters after it. This happens with all the fields in the forum profile settings, not just the "In-game name" one added recently. Any other special character such as &%/()= etc can be added.
10 Jan 2016 05:51 | Last edit: 10 Jan 2016 05:55
- This should now be fixed :)
- I also applied the same code to the "about me" -field in edit profile.
- The "Personal Text" field has been renamed to "About Me" to have consistency in the profile.

10 Jan 2016 16:23
Well done Maz. I appreciate :)
10 Jan 2016 17:30
You are welcome :)
14 Jan 2016 20:02
Changes yet to come.

- I noticed there is still a problem with the layout on mobiles.
- I will be improving the user-friendliness.
- A "back up" - button will be added to the mobile layout so you wont have to scroll.
10 Mar 2016 16:31
In addition to the changes I wrote that are yet to come in the post above... which I never got around to doing..

I will be making some changes to how the menu/s work in mobiles and tablets, as well as improving the user-friendliness on higher resolutions. The development of this will happen locally, but when I make the necessary changes here, the site will go offline during the update.

There are also some minor issues with the style on a few places on the website which will be fixed as well.

I would estimate that I can push everything out this weekend, probably Sunday if everything goes as planned.
15 Mar 2016 15:09 | Last edit: 15 Mar 2016 15:13
First of let me apologize for not pushing out the updates on Sunday as I sort of promised. Those who waited for them to go live were probably disappointed. To ease your minds, I will be pushing out everything today instead. There are a few stuff left to troubleshoot with these updates (and some implementations that Jonny wanted, which will come later).

The biggest issue ever since the release of this site has been the user-friendliness of the navigation on mobiles and tablets. At least on my mobile the navigation filled the whole width of the device. This made it hard for mobile users to know if the page had scrolled down to the correct place or if it had just stayed on its place. The login button will also redirect you to the Forum instead of to the page you were on.

Another issue that has been occurring since we updated to the latest version of the system we are using here, was that the login button (on mobiles) redirected to a page that was orignally meant to not be shown at all. So in order to attack this issue, I have redesigned the login and registration screens completely and made them responsive as well.

That's all for now.
I will return with the updates in about 1-2 hours or so. :)

Oh and l took some screenshots of the login, registration and password reset pages for you to look at meanwhile waiting on the updates.
Please login or create an account to view attachments.