Community forums

NEWS about DN Server in UrT 4.3.3

# 1
17 Mar 2018 21:41 | Last edit: 25 Mar 2018 14:55
OK, time for some NEWS about the server:

As you may have noticed, the server was becoming unplayable, at least for windows users.

We were able to find out that the guilty part was the map Eagle itself.
We made some test and found that Eagle and Eagle_extended both made windows users crash.
We ran some other maps without problem.

At this time, we decided to use a map rotation on the server that does not included Eagle.
The rotation is (15 minutes each map):
ut4_ramelle
ut4_kingdom
ut4_subway
ut4_shahideen
ut4_tunis
ut4_intermodal_beta
ut4_paris
ut4_maya
ut4_riyadh
ut4_suburbs
ut4_oildepot
ut4_algiers
ut4_terrorism3
ut4_bohemia
ut4_blitzkrieg1
ut4_docks
ut4_beijing_b3
ut4_elgin
ut4_crossing
ut4_mandolin

We will keep updating this rotation as we add/remove maps from it. Keep an eye on it and let's see how it goes ;)

See you all on... one of those maps :dry:

Edit: updated map rotation and time
# 2
18 Mar 2018 05:10
Glued to the top so it doesn't get lost :)
# 3
25 Mar 2018 20:08
Is it something that can be fixed or the server from now on won't be Eagle 24/7?
# 4
25 Mar 2018 21:18
A fix is in work, we will return to Eagle.
# 5
26 Mar 2018 06:26
Important:
If you are getting an error while trying to download a map in-game, please download the map from here:
maps.pro-gameservers.net/q3ut4/ and then place the map (.pk3 file) in your download folder within the Urban Terror folder.

I'd recommend downloading all maps in the map rotation to speed up the process and to be able to easier start playing new maps.
# 6
16 Apr 2018 05:48
How about running a second server with eagle? I remember there was a second dn server that seems to have been turned off again. I'd be happy to suffer some freezes once in a while for playing on eagle again. Most maps aside from eagle are simply useless for tdm. On most maps you have a lockdown situation on 3-4 spots and players are lined up to be taken down. Those maps make me appreciate eagles' qualities.
# 7
16 Apr 2018 08:14
I understand how you feel Karl, I feel pretty much the same. But at this time, Eagle is impossible to play. The crashes happen after only several seconds of play. Just before we made the switch to map rotation I tried something. I connected 5 consecutive times, crashed 5 times. None of those connections lasted more than 90 seconds. We tried Eagle_extended and the crashes continued.
FS is looking into this but, as you can imagine, they have several more important things to focus on.
Right now, we have to stick to map rotation.
# 8
16 Apr 2018 09:58 | Last edit: 16 Apr 2018 10:07
Can we try with one of these old Eagle maps?

Edit: ok it won't allow me to attach the files :/
I'll throw them up on discord in the Mod section
# 9
20 Apr 2018 15:04
I completely agree with Karl, i have quit playing game when rotation maps came out even tho i was supporting decision to make it rotating but it is just not that fun to play for someone who is playing this game since 09 and 4.0. I mostly played eagle throughout those yrs and i hope i will be soon able to return.
26 May 2018 21:52
*bump* - just spent a few minutes running around in an empty eagle server and no issues.

I haven't been around regularly in game since the end of last year and my favourite server has always been Eagle (despite being an attrocious player).

I'll be dipping back in and out of the rotating server but my heart will always be with eagle