Community forums

Debate/Poll: Disabling weapons/gear while on map rotation?

# 1
30 Mar 2018 04:39 | Last edit: 10 Apr 2018 18:03
Alrighty..

Throwing this one in here to either receive much hate or much love.

We would like to know what you guys, the community, think about disabling (=removing the option to choose/use) weapons/gear like the HK69 nade launcher and smoke nades while we are running the temporary map rotation. Whatever the poll result is, we WILL bring back these two mentioned above when we go back to Eagle, so keep that in mind when voting.

So, in order for us to find out what our community thinks, I have created this poll right here: (url removed)
The votes are anonymous, so you can vote without us finding out who has voted.
Voting ends on Sunday 8th April.

The current situation is this:
- Smaller maps become unplayable when smokes nades and hk69 nade launcher are used simultaneously, causing most to just quit and come back later. We would like to keep the server playable on ALL maps.
- Smoke nades don't necessarily add any value to TDM game play, more than often they just end up in a teammate's face

This can go either way, please discuss and vote.. as mentioned, we want to know your opinion :)
# 2
30 Mar 2018 05:00
Quick question: is it possible to remove/allow those options on a map-by-map basis? While I am not a huge fan of either the 'nade launcher or the smoke I can see that they could have some utility on certain maps in the rotation (perhaps Intermodal) whereas on others (for example Blitzkrieg) they may be detrimental.
# 3
30 Mar 2018 08:57
@c1b, yes this should be possible
# 4
30 Mar 2018 13:02
This is set so only 1 vote per person, right ??
# 5
30 Mar 2018 13:19
essentially, yes :)
# 6
10 Apr 2018 18:04 | Last edit: 10 Apr 2018 18:05
Alrighty.. voting time is up and the url to the poll has been removed from the opening post.

Results here: puu.sh/A0jEL/b21fca64eb.png
# 7
12 Apr 2018 06:22
My map reqest(in order) :
ut4_sirkitbored_release
ut4_rip_release
ut4_skylift_release
ut4_toxic