Community forums

Survey/proposal: New TDM server

07 Feb 2018 18:05
There's just too many TDM/CTF server..i would really like a TS server :(
07 Feb 2018 18:10 | Last edit: 07 Feb 2018 18:13
When speaking of statistics we have to keep in mind that enjoyment of the game should always come in first place. If players enjoy the server and the game play there, the statistics will come on their own.

Another reason to why our TS server failed back in 2015 could be the sole fact that we were focusing on getting the Eagle TDM server successful, and more or less forgot about the TS server. DrunkNoobs has always been a TDM clan, so the main focus has been there as well.

There's also a good thumb rule about camping, max 3 kills and you have to move.. anything more than that counts as camping. Especially if you have over 20 kills or more from the same spot.

So... I don't want to change Eagle in any way, it works well as a gathering pit for noobs to play as they want. And as long as we have that, the server should stay within the top 5 on gametracker as well.
23 Feb 2018 02:07
i used to play on a successful server called Eagle Only CTF , but the server died for only one reason the connection at the end made it unplayable ...

the recipe was quite simple :
- MAP EAGLE 24/24
- MOD CTF
- FLAG LIMIT : 20 Flags and timelimit set to 30 min
- 24 SLOT + 2 reserved
- NADE WARPING ACTIVATED
- TEAM DAMAGE ALLOWED ( tactical respawn )

the server was mostly regulated by players , if players were not playing by the rules, like tk without reason ,
a vote kick of 50% ( with a delay of 5 min between votes ) could be started
the players killed by their mate on purpose (tactical respawn) were using the forget command
a simple sorry for a mistake helped too
but abusers were autokicked or vote kicked

imo good implementation would have been :
- vote kick for teamdamage only allowed to known players / regulars and only one allowed per user per game
- vote kick for teamdamage can only been called on player of your team with teamkill counter positive
- making player with rank >= known players immune for teamdamage penalties

at this time B3 was not available on this server , but it was quite well moderated

another Point , camping was not allowed on the server i mean players not playing the objective like posted on a spot and only sniping .
the sanction was simple admins were allowed to nuke them . :)
23 Feb 2018 02:20
Sounds good K. Best idea I've seen.