Community forums

Banned?

# 1
18 Jan 2017 13:12
So, i'm playing on drunkenoobs eagle server as is normal now-a-days, i saw my username, (changed by my brother so I didn't realise at first), it was Heet-Lah, asked if anyone was offended, nobody was as they didn't understand it until i pointed it out, couple of lols etc... then karlmaria admitted to not understanding it and saw noone was offended but ordered for me to change, i challenged and was eventually forced locked to spec... so i changed my name to Awe-sama, and without warning, banned! Seems like a bit of a power hungry admin to me...
# 2
18 Jan 2017 13:20
I'd give you a ban just for your comments, regardless of what your name was, if you can't respect the admins then you're not welcome in our server.

Please login or create an account to view attachments.
# 3
18 Jan 2017 13:21
ok, well i apologise for that, i just didn't realise he was admin, seemed like a normal player just jumping at me for no reason, again i do apologise, but we asking was all with good intentions as to not offend anyone by it as i realise it's a sore subject for some, again apologies for any other wrongdoing/behaviour
# 4
18 Jan 2017 13:25
Then what about this one?
Please login or create an account to view attachments.
# 5
18 Jan 2017 13:27
With all due respect, i still believe it was excessive of him and seems power hungry which is why i posted it in my first post here aswell, that's not what i was apologising for, i was apologising for the 2 "ass" comments, again if you think it's worth of a ban due to the name change there's not much I can do, could i please find out how long the ban is though, thanks :)
# 6
18 Jan 2017 13:30
The ban is for 1 day.
# 7
18 Jan 2017 13:31
very well, hopefully be back on tomorrow then :P, again any insults etc, i do apologise for, i felt he was being confrontational is all, have a good day!
# 8
18 Jan 2017 13:40
this seems to be resolved, still i want to add something.
the idea of respecting others is not doing something offensive until somebody complains.
you try to avoid offensive behavoir/ names/ etc. in order for others not to feel offended in the first place.
you don't have to be a black person to stand up against racist behavior, you don't have to be gay to be against homophobia.
that's what's called solidarity. if it boils down to majority decisions racism, homophibia and other forms of discriminatory behavior might be tolarated. in urt everybody fights for his /her score but as a community it's a group effort, we have to look out for each other.
if you know that your name is potential offensive, act accordingly and choose a different name. this way you help us to provide a welcoming atmosphere for everybody.
thanks.
# 9
18 Jan 2017 13:43
First let me start by apologising for rude behaviour towards you and if i have done at any point since i started playing here, I understand that, i just wasn't sure if anyone understood it to the point it was offensive, again i will definitely not be putting up any offensive names, also it took me a while to realise it as my brother put it up (he's a little sh*t haha), sorry karl for any rude behaviour i do apologise and will try to put respek on the server ;) :P , also I agree with you, we must all stand up for eachother, against any type of discrimination :)