[Ban lifted] Dwight

# 1
12 Feb 2019 18:04
Hello,
I've been banned from Eagle server.
Name: Dwight_[CZE]
Date: ~18:00 12.2.2019
Ban ID: 96467

The reason for the ban is a proxy. I am not aware of any proxy turned on. The only explanation could be a proxy on my internet provider side. May I kindly ask your for more details regarding the detected proxy or next steps I can take to get me unbanned?

Thank you for your time,
Dwight
# 2
12 Feb 2019 18:35 | Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 18:44
Hello Dwight,
we see your IP address: 94.230.156.221
It is indicated as a high risk proxy , it was blocked (by others) because of earlier mail spamming. And it was used as proxy/vpn server .
Usually this means that the router or (one of ) the machines behind this IP address was hacked and is now in use as a public proxy/vpn access point

At our Eagle server I find 4 players with different names and qkeys coming from this address during the last few hours .
( Hlavni mesto Praha CZ it says is the provider location)
It would help if you could tell me a bit more about the local situation, network wise.
But for now we keep it closed.
# 3
12 Feb 2019 19:02
Hello Core,
thank you for the answer.

#1 - If you say by others, does that mean that our IP is in some sort of database of bad IPs? I found few websites that didn't detect any proxy and few that detected proxy. Honestly I don't know what the next step should be. I got the same results if I connected my computer to mu cellphone as a hotspot.

#2 - yes, that is correct. We are group of co-workers that sometimes play UT together. Usually after lunch or after work. Today we were in the same room and played. Then we disconnected. After a while I was the only one who wanted to play again and then I got banned. We use local internet provider (not classified as enterprise) called Airwaynet.cz, I don't know more details. The location is also correct.

Is there something else I can provide to resolve the issue please?

Thank you very much,
Dwight
# 4
12 Feb 2019 20:10 | Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 20:22
ok Dwight,|
The ban has been lifted.
You should be good to play again.

p.s. Please help us by NOT changing your player's name (for now).
Core
# 5
12 Feb 2019 20:16
Awesome, thank you sir.

Dwight
# 6
12 Feb 2019 20:29
I don't know why, but I still cannot connect :/
# 7
12 Feb 2019 20:38 | Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 20:39
Hi Dwight!

Could you confirm exactly what happens when you try to connect to our server?

I have checked the banlist against your IP's and you are definitely no longer banned.
# 8
12 Feb 2019 22:12
It is all good now. Maybe there was delay somewhere.

thank you