Community forums

Mouse(Mice) Configuration

# 1
20 Nov 2015 14:19
I've been playing really crap lately(worse than usual) and I believe this is because of my new mouse- see picture. Now I know when you get a new mouse they take some getting used to- this mouse seems to be ridiculously oversized compared to the old palm sized one but I don't think this is the issue. I also realize this item isn't top of the shop price wise- i've just built a new PC and my budget won't stretch to a Razor one.
However I really think the problem is it's configuration. When I looked online about fps mouse configuration the consensus seemed to be to turn of mouse acceleration(or smooth mouse as it is called in Windows) and set the pointer speed at 6/11. I seemed to play much better with it on. Also in UrT itself people say turn on raw mouse input. I have done both.
My question is how does everyone on here have their mouse set up? Also what kind of mouse are they using and how have they got the sensitivity.
Let's have some pictures as well- lets show each other our Mice. No jokes about rodents- I've got a cat to take care of them.
Please login or create an account to view attachments.
# 2
20 Nov 2015 15:08 | Last edit: 20 Nov 2015 15:09
When it comes to turning off mouse acceleration you should read this post: drunknoobs.com/forums/help-support/287-c...roblem?start=10#3168

I'm using a Logitech G400s
- sensitivity in-game: 1.5785
- sensitivity on mouse: 350dpi (both x-axis and y-axis)
- mouse speed in windows: 6/11

:)
# 3
20 Nov 2015 17:22
Nice one Mazfa. I've downloaded that program and run it on my rig. Nice mouse- Logitec stuff is always a cut above the norm. That particular mouse ranged in price on Google shopping from 45 to 180 quid. I see the mouse can also use PS2 connectors- the new motherboard I have still has them and Strangely still has a connector for IDE hard drives as well. Can't use a 3.5'' drive though.
# 4
20 Nov 2015 17:30
[img]http://https://expertbeacon.com/sites/default/files/eliminate_the_chance_of_mice_and_rodents_entering_your_home.jpg[/img]
# 5
20 Nov 2015 21:58
Thanks Jeffrey for your usual high quality of input.
# 6
21 Nov 2015 16:02
I've been using a Logitech trackball in game for years. I have thought about trying a new gaming mouse.
# 7
21 Nov 2015 20:09
Yes- It's on the Christmas list!- but I think the problem is I'm so used to playing fps with O/S mouse excelleration on I'm having to learn to play all over again. Mazfers app helped some-I'll get there. i may have to play on Bot servers and single player games for a while though so as DN don't look shit. I'd leave it on but I think I've reached the limits of play using it- the best players all have it switched off.
# 8
22 Nov 2015 09:11
i dont have an game mouse :D
# 9
22 Nov 2015 09:24

Yes- It's on the Christmas list!- but I think the problem is I'm so used to playing fps with O/S mouse excelleration on I'm having to learn to play all over again. Mazfers app helped some-I'll get there. i may have to play on Bot servers and single player games for a while though so as DN don't look shit. I'd leave it on but I think I've reached the limits of play using it- the best players all have it switched off.

Indeed. Turning off the mouse acceleration completely will mean you have to learn how to aim again. But it will come quickly as your mouse movement on your mousepad now equals the pointer movement on screen :)

--

Before I got the G400s I had a G400, even though the mouse is basically the same size it took me a week or two before I got used to it.
22 Nov 2015 16:58 | Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 17:14
Ok- I am starting to get better with this config. I have a big screen though(1m x 0.45m) which i sit quite close to(around 80cm to 1m). do you think this will be a factor or can this be taken care of in the sensitivity without messing with the DPI? I used the 2:1 registry config in the app maybe use the 4:1.