Community forums

Mouse(Mice) Configuration

24 Nov 2015 16:49
Not surprised Livius- It looks like a decent piece of kit.
24 Nov 2015 17:25
i use a normal mouse to didnt change config but if i dont look at chat i think my scores will improve a lot ;)
24 Nov 2015 17:30
That's what I thought! The opposite is proving to be true.
24 Nov 2015 22:08
apple users can disable mouse accel with a little program called smoothmouse.

be sure to check the urbanterror.info forum for furhter info. smoothmouse's own forum is down.
24 Nov 2015 23:00 | Last edit: 24 Nov 2015 23:01
Cheers Karl- Mazfer gave me a link to a similar program for Windows perhaps we need a download section or for this sort of thing.
25 Nov 2015 02:00
i was not aware windows has accel left, if you turn off pointer precision. smoothmouse trys to emulate windows mouse movement but still gives you a minor delay on input. still is the best way to get decent mouse movement on mac.
25 Nov 2015 03:30

Ok- I am starting to get better with this config. I have a big screen though(1m x 0.45m) which i sit quite close to(around 80cm to 1m). do you think this will be a factor or can this be taken care of in the sensitivity without messing with the DPI? I used the 2:1 registry config in the app maybe use the 4:1.

You should use the one suited for the zoom in windows. If Windows is 100% then you should use the 100% registry key, because this will give you the best accuracy. You can always ramp up the sensitivity in games to be able to keep up with the pace.
25 Nov 2015 09:04
Thanks Mazfer- Yeah I did figure that out in the end. That's the 100% registry config I set it to 200% at first and even on the lowest sensitivity the pointer was too fast. I even talked about setting it at 400- that would have been off the hook. I just need to play now and get used to the new set-up. The only other thing I'll do is get a nice big mouse mat so I can throw the mouse round without it coming off the ends.