Community forums

Computer problem

13 Oct 2015 04:40 | Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 05:41
No problem :P Avast is sux lol i have never like this sic! Currently over 3 years using CIS(Comodo) and have no any problem.

For set extremal fine sens in UrT type for e.g.: /sensitivity 0.2 or is still to high like 0.01 :)

Question it is really hardware problem with MB... Have u try update BIOS?? Other option is setting of Power Save mode... If all of ur mouse is fine(try test her on other PC) it can be problem.
helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/prevent...ring-off-usb-device/
16 Oct 2015 15:39
Thanks An2pl,

Bios is up to date and power Save mode is not the problem.

I previously used a Logitech G502 gaming mouse with programmable buttons. Then one day some buttons stopped working and buttons would not program, also mouse DPI sensitivity could not be adjusted. I had the computer and mouse tested and they found the motherboard to be the reason the mouse did not work fully. It worked fine on other computers.

I switched to a basic Microsoft mouse and everything worked fine until recently.

I forgot Sensitivity could be adjust through control panel. :(

I am adjusting sensitivity, per your advise, and the mouse is getting more controllable. Still have a problem keeping non-scoped weapons on target but scoped weapons are controllable.

What is default sensitivity set at?

I only have basic knowledge of UrT and Microsoft OS. My computer background is from when I worked. I used the UNIX OS on a mainframe, CATIA , CADAM, etc. as related to aircraft repair. At the end of the day I did not want to see another computer.

Thanks so much
16 Oct 2015 16:33 | Last edit: 16 Oct 2015 17:50
Here's something to think about:

Windows has something called "mouse acceleration", which basically means when moving your mouse you need to move it a shorter distance than shown on the screen. The faster you move the mouse the further the distance on your screen.

Try turning it off in the mouse settings in Windows control panel. Then download and install this to remove it completely. This will make your mouse movement more precise as the distance on your mouse pad = the distance on the screen.

donewmouseaccel.blogspot.fi/2010/03/mark...cceleration-fix.html

To why your q3config keeps deleting your bings, I have no answer.

Have you tried putting them in a separate .cfg file and run it manually from the console when you start UrT? Could be that the game thinks something is broken or believes the q3config is missing so it replaces it by default.

edit to add:
Turning mouse acceleration off in Windows control panel will actually not turn it off at all, it will still be enabled.
20 Oct 2015 18:14
Moved this to the correct forum a few hours ago. Completely forgot to write a post about it :/