Community forums

playstyle - stats grinding

25 Oct 2015 14:42
True (for a part) :)
26 Oct 2015 12:46
yeah loser, tell us what you think about that.
26 Oct 2015 14:07

yeah loser, tell us what you think about that.

Bump
#NoOffence
26 Oct 2015 16:28
you can camp and you can have good stats or not.
i think the best way is when you go on the frontline with LR300 and good tactical gameplay (it does not matter if you camp or not) you can go camp and lose, you can go frontline and lose this was you need is good sound, teamplay (medical), skill & reaktion time.
stay friendly, don't break the rules and you can enjoy good stats with little skill x)
26 Oct 2015 20:08
if that's your opinion, why are you grinding then?
27 Oct 2015 06:00
He wasn't yesterday. He was humping my leg trying to medic me when I was in the middle of a fight :(

---

I believe the only reason to why people seem to be grinding in this game is because most servers use XLR-stats. The stats system is built to make you level up each x-amount of kills, giving you a new game rank on each level up. Modern fps-games are basically all about grinding, whether it be ranks, new weapons or armour, or quests. This is a problem with games nowadays. Remove stats and you would play for fun.

To take it even one step further. It is just not the campers who are grinding for stats or ranks. Tbh, it doesn't matter if you are playing defensive or offensive, you still play for the same goal and some may even say playing offensively can be seen as grinding as well.

Tbh, I don't have a problem with grinders, it's the constant camping that ticks me off. Yes, you will eventually find out where the player is and thus able to take them out. A camper often tends to go the same spot every single time. The only few times when I have actually seen a slow pace on Eagle is when both teams are camping and you are the only one trying to play offensive to take out those campers from their position on a close range.

But tbh, I do see where you are coming from. There are some pretty good forum posts on the interwebz about grinding in fps-games that you may be interested in reading.
27 Oct 2015 13:39
you was not in fight i have cover + medic you but you run alltime away :D
27 Oct 2015 13:49
Because when I need a medic I often ask for one. If you have more than 50% of your health left you can move around at normal speed. More than 1% and you can still help out. :)
27 Oct 2015 15:26
1 health point more or less can save for you dead i let me alltime medical when i have under 90% live :)
04 Nov 2015 08:00 | Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 12:55
MMmmm serveral things need addressing here- first the medic thing the way I look at it there is a right and wrong time to do it but people don't always get it right. I've medded and people have shouted at me for it and I've thought it an inappropriate time and been shouted at for my lack of team effort and I've said both things as well. Simple.
OK camping- it is part of the game and I do it especially when I'm low on health but yeah it does annoy me when people are constantly sitting on the castle battlements and shoot you as you emerge from spawn not least because it means pausing the action and weeding them out at risk to yourself . Its boring as well running round an empty castle getting rid of snipers out of the nest too. I like to run and jump around pretty much with my brain disconnected playing by instinct and enjoying the firefight duels- campers hinder this to some extent. I play online chess or more in-depth games for a more tactical experience.
My personal bug bear is when playing on red no matter how good you are it can be nigh on impossible to emerge from the arch onto the bridge because you are targeted by so many snipers(3 on roof, 1 in window, 2 on or at top of stairs and numerous at the other end of the bridge)
Next the stat grinders- what can I say about this- when I started playing I never even looked at my stats if I'm a better player then other players will go down in a firefight and I won't Also I could see how well I was doing by my score! I play CSS sometimes and wouldn't even know how to go about looking them up. It was only when I started to recognize other players and considered joining a clan that I became interested.
These people obsessed with stats are treating the game like a job and there are players with much better stats than me who go down in nearly every encounter with me so I'll just have to assume I'm better no matter how good their bloody stats are- end.
One player not long ago said he'd have to leave the server because he needed to have better players on to improve his stats- that says it all. Maybe those people would be happier mining for bit coins.