Community forums

playstyle - stats grinding

23 Oct 2015 21:21
not quite what i meant.
i am annoyed by people utilizing camping to boost their stats. if camping is fun for you, then you will do it but eventually not care much about what it does to your stats.
people who start playing the game often resort to camping simply because they can't handle the game any other way. maybe they stick to that stratgey, as i have mentioned i don't see the problem there.
what i am aiming at here are players capable of playing the game, players who know the game mechanics well.
if those players start camping just to push their stats, that's what i am pissed off about.
it's cheap tricks and that's what i hate and do not understand.
23 Oct 2015 21:36
Explain what you mean by "grinding strategy" please.
23 Oct 2015 21:49 | Last edit: 23 Oct 2015 21:50
I think I get what you are on about, .....But..... I feel that perhaps you are generalising a little, probably based on your opinion of how you perceive other players to be playing, and maybe, just maybe based on your own personal ideals. I could be wrong so please hold back before you light up the flames...

Speaking from my own personal position; I really can't say that I have any clue how the stats work. I spent quite a bit of time (A few months I think?) in 1st and 2nd spot in the stats with probably the worst kill/death ratio in of the top 100 and I have no idea how.

Really though, if I decide to play well, I could get a decent ratio, but from what I've seen and experienced it doesn't necessarily translate to super stats on this server. Plus I'll use the HK69 purely for fun, i may not not get many kills, but the ones I do get are all the more sweet.

I play purely for fun, sometimes I rush, sometimes I camp a bit; for me these are just aspects of the game to be enjoyed. If hordes of players keep flowing around into my cross hair, I'm not going to move. Why should I? And of course vice versa

Live and let live, adapt your playing style to suit your opponent, camp, rush, whatever. I really don't care what you do or what anyone does unless they break the rules. All is fair in love and war :)
23 Oct 2015 23:23
I'm a camper, I'm a grinder, I'm a midnight sidewinder, I get my killin on the run. I'm a joker, I'm a toker, I'm a midnight smoker, Just wanta shoot at everyone....... ohohoho.... :)
23 Oct 2015 23:44
Grinding: Gaming reference. Repeatedly performing an action/event to attain an item. Most commonly used when referring to an RPG (Role Playing Game)

well, my personal ideal would be for everbody to try to play at the top of their game. grinding most certainly contradicts that concept and therefore i'd call it unsportsmanlike.

the problem is not the camping itself but as sam pointed out the way the stats work. some players found a way/ a loophole to distort the validity of those stats even more.
24 Oct 2015 07:29 | Last edit: 24 Oct 2015 13:54
I love your forum, really, I laugh every day by reading it.

Eagle existed since URT exist and has always been considered like a large camp card, snipe, and deceitful players. and some here want to change that? easy to change maps as Turnpike, algier or abbey, right?
personally I do not play on other map, just because too fast (except for Riyadh or Rammell, sometimes)

I do not give a fuck statistics, I come to play.
I consider not this game, really like a game but rather as a training.
go barreling getting whacked in 3 second has no interest for me
War is my profession.

FarrokhBulsara
24 Oct 2015 10:33
but i think i see a little what u mean
i dont blame these players but
like proxy always water ;)
srgt ... (forgot full name) always sr8 camping train
mercer cabble car sniper
i think these players like to camp but they no how this game works and are good enough to attack more and dont hide
but as said i dont wanna blame them just as example of player that are skilled but camp
24 Oct 2015 16:56
farrokh, i have not suggested to change the map, i only suggested to change the way the stats work (make time spent on the server a relevant factor).
the game would not change, the map would not change, not even the camping would have to end. that's the beauty, only those players trying to exploit the stats would have to look for other ways to get kills.
it's interesting to see that quite a few people feel attacked, when they are obviously not part of the problem.

also, i don't see what you are laughing about . this is a video game, we are discussing a video game related topic/ problem. you obviously read this forum and you even cared to comment, so don't try to distance yourself. you are clearly part of this community.
24 Oct 2015 17:30

farrokh, i have not suggested to change the map, i only suggested to change the way the stats work (make time spent on the server a relevant factor).

Now I understand what you were trying to say in your original post. True, there are some who do this.
24 Oct 2015 17:32
ha! great :)