Community forums

The Progress: Website layout changes

This topic has been locked.
18 Oct 2015 19:37
I know this feeling man. My internet provider isn't able to provide internet in my new apartment before the 30th. :P

Do you at least have unlimited mobile data? I pay 20€ for 5gigs mobile broadband. :(
18 Oct 2015 19:47
Yup. Unlimited for less than 20€ a month :p
18 Oct 2015 19:51
Alrighty.. Update starting now. Everything should be back up in 30 mins
18 Oct 2015 22:34
Really great work with the new design! :woohoo:

But IMO members of |DN| should have another colour then registred users
19 Oct 2015 02:54
Unfortunately that wouldn't be beneficial, not to speak of the coding hassle it would be.

I'll explain when I get home from work. Watch this space.
19 Oct 2015 03:29
is a style that :ohmy: makes much difference.
It looks good, very good work!

:whistle:
19 Oct 2015 11:52 | Last edit: 19 Oct 2015 11:54

But IMO members of |DN| should have another colour then registred users

There are a couple reasons to why I didnt make it like that. But rather focus on having the site admins, forums mods and normal users as different colors.

1. The colors for the site admin and forum mods now indicate who have powers to moderate the forums.

2. Having all normal users as the same colors also make it easier for new visitors to know whom to turn to if they ever need forum issues sorted out.

3. I would have to rewrite the code of how the forum component uses the core user group system. Grabbing the ID for a specific user group wouldnt work considering how the hierarchy currently is structured.

4. We would run into problems when a user has forum powers and is a member of DN.

5. If I made DN members a different color to normal posts it would open up a whole can of worms. Such as should all of the specific DN member groups have their own color? If that was the case we would have a whole rainbow here in our forums and it would make it more difficult to tell who belongs to which group and who has got forum powers.

So all in all I felt that using 3 colors for the forum posts was the best solution.
19 Oct 2015 12:40
As the update has now taken place, this topic has been locked.

If you have comments please direct them to the following topic drunknoobs.com/forums/feedback-suggestio...bsite-layout-changes