Community forums

The Progress: Website layout changes

This topic has been locked.
04 Oct 2015 05:26
Hey guys

Just letting you know that with all the major changes that will be happening, I unfortunately have to put the site in maintenance mode during the time I do the updates. This is to make sure everything works perfectly and that no bugs appear.

Current ETA is around a week from today.
13 Oct 2015 12:32 | Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 12:38
Things left to do.

- rewriting the responsive code for "my inbox". I am making it "lighter" so it should load faster.
- rewriting the responsive code for "my profile", this because the forum profile has gotten a complete new layout so it needs new code for the responsiveness to work.

I should hopefully be able to push it out today, else it will be during this week.

---

They called from my summer job and asked me to come do some forklift driving, so I will be doing that for at least 1½ month.. starting tomorrow.
13 Oct 2015 14:49
You are doing an outstanding job with the website. I am impressed that you continue to improve it and seek suggestions. We are fortunate to have you.

Thanks,
Gramps
18 Oct 2015 05:35
Thanks Gramps :)

---

Regarding the progress so far:
I will try to publish the new layout today (probably sometime during afternoon - evening). I haven't got much left to do, but I need to rework some stuff so I can locally see what effect the backend changes will have on the site. As well as change some layout aspects that currently "stand out" too much.

I will let you know an hour prior to when I release the new layout so you can finish your forum posts and log out. This because, as I previously wrote, I will put the site in maintenance mode to do all the changes so it wont affect your forum experience. I wouldn't want you to have written your post only to get the "site in maintenance mode" screen when submitting your post.
18 Oct 2015 16:53
Alrighty..

I am closing in on being able to release all the new goodies. I should be able to do so in about 1 - 1½ hour from now. Stay tuned. I will post here about 15 mins before I release it.
18 Oct 2015 18:30
I am waiting. :P
18 Oct 2015 18:46
Update in 15 mins.

The update is estimated to take up to 30 mins, because of new content and fixing of possible bugs and glitches that may occur on publish.
18 Oct 2015 19:13
Looks like the transfer of the new layout files takes a bit longer than I thought. Will update as soon as they are transfered.
18 Oct 2015 19:24
Don't you all have 1Gbit fibre connections in Finnland?
18 Oct 2015 19:31
using mobile broadband atm.. it's slow like hell :/