Community forums

LittleFlower being a easy finger on the slap trigger

This topic has been locked.
# 1
22 Jan 2017 11:40
Hello everybody,

I just disconnected to report this abusive behavior from LittleFlower giving me slap for "insults" to a player.
I checked the rules of the server and I didn't insult him or any other server moderator/admin.
Unluckly for me I didn't record this, I simply didn't expect this sort of things to happen.
I also tried to reason with him/her, but he played the joker card or "Arguing with admins", other behavior that I simply don't get..
If there's a point, that rule has sense, but in my case, the "No insults to players" rules does not exist. Everybody swearing like saylors, nothing... Me?? "OH MY GOD!!! HE INSULTED SOMEBODY!! ... I... I am simply wordless..

Thanks for your attention,
1 1 + . 2 ok

"My nick is a Forth programming language joke"
# 2
22 Jan 2017 11:49 | Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 11:49
I don't think that a rule that forbids insults against other players is necessary, it's just common sense.
If you can't behave, then you will receive only slaps and warns.

Also, why would you insult anyone while playing? What's the reason for that?
# 3
22 Jan 2017 12:14
Well, that's not the point I'm raising focus on.. I got slapped without a legit reason (since pretty much
everyone insults there, without getting slapped), and I would like to talk about that without pulling
out other rules to "save ourselves" from facing the truth.

1 1 + . 2 ok
# 4
22 Jan 2017 12:39 | Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 12:41
Hello,

Lucky, or not, for you, we record everything!
You are right in that there is no rule regarding insults. But there is also no reason for you to insult players while playing.
Since there is no specific rule, the admins use their own judgement and common sense, like DespAndy said. In that situation, the admin judged that your words were a direct insult to another player and deserved a slap.
(Also worth of notice: a slap is not really a punishment, it's more of a way to get your attention.)

The good news for you: If you never use insults again, you will never be slapped again!! (Well, at least not for insulting others ;) )

Take care, see you on Eagle!
# 5
22 Jan 2017 13:03
!hi merc :) ,

It was more of a tease than anything, not important tho.
So, the idea behind that is "Ask question later, shoot now"? Why then no other player
that later insulted (sexually too) got no slap?? In my humble position I would suggest
to put common sense aside and focus on players that do not respect the rules that actually exist,
namely door glitchers (zbniev or whatever his name is), racists/sexists (zbniev again, for instance), and so forth..
You know, what happened has a definition, and it's admin/moderator abuse, expecially when using the
"do not argue with admins" rule to escape from confrontation when being on the wrong side
(objectively speaking, no one should get slapped for a rule that does not exist, NO ONE)..

Thanks for the attention,
1 1 + . 2 ok
# 6
22 Jan 2017 13:36
Well I wasn't going to intervene in this one but that last comment kinda pushed me towards it.

I understand your point, you believe that if it's not against the rules so you shouldn't be punished for it, I disagree.

Insulting other players is as Andy said, common sense not to do, the admins try to keep the server as friendly as possible and therefor players must be slapped sometimes for doing things that aren't exactly against the rules, if you don't like it then don't play there.

We pay for the server, you play there for free so if you can't respect an admins judgement and wishes on our server then there are plenty other servers for you to choose from!
# 7
22 Jan 2017 16:26
I've played for half a year on your server, and I'm the only one I know that got slapped for language.
People has said by far worse things in comparison to my tease there...
It's not matter of "not liking admin judgement and/or server policies", it's about injustice....
Putting my moral preferences into this thread is OT, can we stay on point and do something for LittleFlower?
# 8
22 Jan 2017 17:41 | Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 17:43

I've played for half a year on your server, and I'm the only one I know that got slapped for language.

In this case I'd suggest paying more attention to the chat in future because players get slapped and warned for this daily, we are unable to slap every player that insults, that's not possible, sometimes an admin will be playing and won't see everything said in chat and sometimes there aren't any admins on the server at all.

can we stay on point and do something for LittleFlower?

Yeah I would do something IF he had done something wrong, but in this case he was doing his job as an admin.

Thank you for taking the time to post on our forums, thread closed.