# 1
03 Sep 2015 21:12 | Last edit: 03 Sep 2015 22:10
Thank you all for your efforts so far uploading suspicious players :cheer:

If you are new here, please read
www.drunknoobs.com/forum/report-a-cheate...er-and-upload-a-demo
first.

Additionally to that i would (tyCore)

kindly suggest to all demo submitters that you:

1) Keep the demo as short as possible to show the cheat (but long enough to be conclusive)
depending on the cheat I think 8ookB up to 1.5mB work fine

2) Name the Thread after the Player and Cheat, i.e.
[Playername] probably/sure WH/AB/Beretta
helps finding it later

3) mention the time the supposed cheat occurs. You can use the score, like:
"Red score: 2802 - GI shoots Core in the leg"
This helps the demo watchers to skip to the interesting part :

You can use /timescale 2.0 to speed thing up 2x. /timescale 1 to go back to normal.
/timescale 0.6 to have a good look (slow) at a wallhack or aimbot.

If you plan to watch more demos it can be helpful to bind timescale and shownormals
Possible binds:
/bind LEFTARROW r_shownormals 0
/bind RIGHTARROW r_shownormals 1
/bind UPARROW timescale 3
/bind UPARROW timescale .5

thx Empty
If anything is wrong, my eyes are open :lol:

Solong
hm
# 2
03 Sep 2015 21:32
its just /timescale X without r_
# 3
03 Sep 2015 21:50 | Last edit: 03 Sep 2015 22:12
Nice hackmac, good extras.

Maybe I add a few more simple suggestions:
I use a single key (Insert) toggle binding for the shownormals:
/bind INS toggle r_shownormals
This makes it easy to find out how much a player can see with and without WH, with a single button.

If you become a serious admin and have to look at many demos (like yours truly once did) and are running Windows, it may be useful to start 'set associations' for filetype ".urtdemo" and associate it with a small batch program which you add to the existing UrbanTerror 4.2 folder. I named that .bat file "demoplayer42.bat" . And in my case it looks like:

move %1 C:\Programs\UrbanTerror42\q3ut4\demos
C:
cd \Programs\UrbanTerror42\
start Quake3-UrT.exe +demo %~nx1
exit

This first moves the demo to the regular demo section in the UrbanTerror folder and then starts urt in demo mode for that file.

With the above in place you can simply double click a submitted demo on the forum and URT 4.2 will start displaying it.

Regards,
Core.
# 4
03 Sep 2015 22:12

Nice Madcat, good extras.

If you become a serious admin and have to look at many demos (like yours truly once did) and are running Windows, it may be useful to start 'set associations' for filetype ".urtdemo" and associate it with a small batch program which you add to the existing UrbanTerror 4.2 folder. I named that .bat file "demoplayer42.bat"

Okay! Got it! thanks for the tips Core!

# 5
23 Sep 2015 17:03
Glued to the top :)
# 6
10 Nov 2015 20:23
I'm concerned with players firing before enemies are seen to be taken as proof of wall. I sometimes fire random shots where I suspect an enemy player will emerge as covering fire and if one did come round a corner and I hit them it then looks like Hax. Although in my case I rarely if ever do hit one but it has happened on occasion.
# 7
11 Nov 2015 01:11
Be at peace my friend. To forget your concerns, try watching a demo (or two) of hackers (wh in this case) and demos of clean players. There will be a (more or less, depending on the case) clear difference between them. Most admins only get to be admins if they are good/great at spotting the difference. And there is always the ban appeal for when they are not.
# 8
11 Nov 2015 19:20 | Last edit: 11 Nov 2015 19:22
Yeah, I watched some on you tube the difference is obvious nothing like what I do and I'm certainly not suggesting anyone is anything less than a absolute consummate professional!
# 9
22 Nov 2015 07:02 | Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 07:05
I suspected a player using invisibility hack last night so specced him. However they were careful and I had to record for quite a quite a while before I saw them using it at an opportune moment. My question is how do you shorten the demo in order to successfully upload it and not bore admins to death.
22 Nov 2015 13:05 | Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 13:13
First, how long is the demo? (Hackmac is a very patient man ;) He will watch it all and be happy :D )

Second, to shorten the demo, I can only think of making a video of the relevant part.

/video (starts recording to .avi)
/stopvideo (stops recording)

If you don't want to open the console and do this, you can always bind the commands first, but you have to do it like this so that pressing a key won't exit the demo:

/com_cameramode 1 (If you bind the commands to any F key you don't have to enable cameramode)
/bind <key> video
/bind <key> stopvideo

You will then need to compress the video.

I have never used this, so I'm not sure how it will work. If I have time I'll try it.

M