Community forums

Guns topic

12 Aug 2015 13:19
I occasionally drink Yuengling especially when the only other choices really suck. Yuengling is America's oldest brewery.
At home I mostly drink Miller High Life, inexpensive and tastes good to me. When I was in Germany I drank many fine beers, over 600 different ones in fact. Back in the 80's West Germany had over 2000 breweries and I actually visited over 600 of them. Some were garage operations that produced a couple of kegs a week, others were major breweries. I collect German Beer Coasters so I felt obligated to drink the beer before asking for a coaster. The coasters are often a work of art.
I find most American micro breweries turn out overpriced swill.
My favorite German beer is Bitburger, my favorite Indian Beer is Haywards 5000 and my favorite American beer is Scrimshaw Pilsner.

Ein Prosit

12 Aug 2015 14:41
Germany still has lot's of breweries especially around the city of Bamberg.
There are over 200 Breweries in a 50km radius around the city, many of them are what you would call microbreweries today but they've existed for hundreds of years.

My favourite german brewery is located around 15km northwest of Bamberg, they do not sell bottled beer there. You can either buy a keg or drink your beer in the tavern. The best part is the price, you pay 1,80€ for 500ml of beer if you drink it at their tavern and even less if you buy a keg.

Talking about Indian Beer:
India also has a pretty new microbrewery scene which is growing really fast. But it's still limited to the big cities with lots of expats.
All of the indian stock beer (KingFisher, UB, …) is pretty bad Imho and depending on the state you're in it's difficult to even get any alcohol.
But some of the microbreweries produce really great beer. Be sure to check out Toit and Windmills when you're in Bangalore. You can get some really good beer there.
The downside is the price, they charge around 5€ per pint which is really expensive for India.
17 Aug 2015 05:51
well, i just went to the range today, well yesterday since I'm posting this at 1:40am. And i decided to get a little ballsy and rented a Desert Eagle in .50AE. Firstly this thing was a beast,weighs about 5 pounds and is about a foot long. I could barely fit my hands on the grip, but the range supervisor told me to suck it up and not think about and to just shoot the damned thing. Well let me tell you i did and i loved it, it had the kick of a hot .357 mag/44 mag, the trigger, superb, was the lightest trigger on any semi-auto pistol I've fired. I've done so much shooting i honestly thought it was like shooting a 1911. My only 2 complaints; that a box of 20 rounds cost me $40, thats $2 a round, ridiculous. And after shooting it a while i got tired and limp wristed it(relaxed arms)and an empty case smacked me in the forehead. But the fireball, the concussion hitting your body was an adrenaline filled experience. Every one at the range came up and watched because its not everyday you see one being shot, and by a kid that weighs 125 pounds. I'll definitely try to get the pics and video from my phone posted shortly. I'll definitely be buying one shortly probably not in .50AE shit was way too expensive.
17 Aug 2015 06:38 | Last edit: 17 Aug 2015 16:34
so i figured out i can't upload the video to here since its .mp4
17 Aug 2015 09:47
upload to youtube
17 Aug 2015 16:40
i will tell you all right now this took me forever to do, thanks to empty he walked me through my frustration.

File Attachment:

File Name: gun.pdf
File Size:3,934 KB
Please login or create an account to view attachments.
17 Aug 2015 17:40
Too much gun for me. A problem I always had with big bore pistols is I unconsciously anticipated the noise and kickback which through my accuracy off. When hunting I never wear ear protection, mostly you only make one or two shots anyway. I had a .44 Mag that with just one shot would have your ears ringing and hand stinging. My .357 Mag is not near as bad and more lethal because I can control it. Something I learned that helped me was to load one bullet and play Russian roulette with the target. Sure way to prevent flinching.
17 Aug 2015 18:13
I've shot a .44mag before theres nothing pleasurable coming from a hot 44. pretty much like holding a piece of metal against your hand while its getting whacked with a hammer. But seeing how this semi-auto shot with a .50ae and it felt like i said a hot 357 I'm sure the .44mag version will be a pleasure to shoot. I'm got pretty good with my .40s&w after about 100 rounds in a day, i was hitting all bullseye in about a 3 inch group at 50 yards off hand. if the desert eagle in .44mag can compare to this(recoil and accuracy) i will definitely buy one and immediately get a 2x scope for it and it will be my new deer gun since we can use semi autos with barrel greater than 5" to hunt in Ohio. even though its a heavy pistol, it beats carrying a heavy shotgun any day. so it will be my primary hunting weapon and then i will have my trusty .357mag as a back up. *due to the desert eagle being somewhat unreliable.
17 Aug 2015 18:23
Have you tried 627 V-Comp or 629 perfomance center from S&W ?? Dream gun :D
18 Aug 2015 01:48

Have you tried 627 V-Comp or 629 perfomance center from S&W ?? Dream gun :D

actually the two 44s I've shot one was a S&W 629 the other was one of the large frame Rugers, i definitely liked the finish on the 629 more, but .44mag out of a revolver just isn't my thing.