Community forums

Too many connections from same IP

# 1
25 Nov 2016 13:16
Hi

My game froze so i had to alt f4 it. When I tried to get on the server again it said that I had too many connections from the same IP and wont let me join. How do I go about fixing this issue?
# 2
25 Nov 2016 16:26
Hello bonald,

I have nver seen such a Message
Does it still appear?
# 3
25 Nov 2016 17:14
Issue seems to have resolved itself nvm :D
# 4
29 Nov 2016 17:15
helo
Same problem for me, and yesterday for my son
strange
# 5
30 Nov 2016 01:30
Ok
I have never seen such a message.

Can you tell me please where you are reading that message,
i.e. After double-clicking on the Server, when it says 'Awaiting Gamestate...' ?
# 6
30 Nov 2016 11:12
Hello,

This will happen when you have more than 1 connection to the server, ie, your game crashes but your player doesn'tleave the server and then you come back online and join the server, your crashed game will remain in the server in spec whilst you play on a second connection, I've changed the server settings recently to only allow 1 connection per IP address so that the game is fair for all players and you're not taking up 2 slots in the server.

I will look into a way to get the server to kick after x minutes inactivity, this way you'll only see this message for 5min or so after you have crashed.
# 7
30 Nov 2016 11:55
hello
When my son plays on your server I can not connect, it tells me Too many connections from same IP, has the first connection attempt
# 9
02 Dec 2016 09:25
For my part it only does this on your server no other
03 Dec 2016 18:54
Wasnt like this on 4.2, after i updated to 4.3, and try to connect to the server, while my brother are on playing. I can't connect. It gives me "Too many connections on the same IP" and then i have to press ESC. Never had this problem earlier

Great regards - madcat