Community forums

Weird Problem with my PC

# 1
18 Nov 2015 11:57
Hey Guys, I'm having a weird problem with my PC and just thought id share it on here in case anybody has encountered this problem before and is able to help me.

I use a wireless usb adapter to connect to the internet which obviously goes into one of the USB ports on my PC however since Monday when ever I have the Wireless USB Adapter plugged into my PC, my headphones will not work (they also use a USB) and when I have my headphones plugged in and then plug the Wireless USB Adapter in, my wireless network adapter will not work, windows will detect it but it is unable to connect to any wireless networks.

Any help appreciated.
# 2
18 Nov 2015 19:12
tried restarting?
# 3
19 Nov 2015 11:32
Yes I've tried that LOL
# 4
19 Nov 2015 14:25 | Last edit: 19 Nov 2015 14:28
These things are usually software/system related rather than hardware although trying both items on another machine(and together) and using different USB ports on yours will eliminate them being faulty or any radio interferance/clash and leave the problem on your machine.
If there is any software for the usb sound open it and check that the sound is up and and boxes are ticked/unticked
You can try reinstalling the drivers for the items from the original CD if possible (after completley removing the old one in the device manager . Also delete the latest OS updates(you can always reinstall them) and any other recent software installations)
Try switching off the items and turning them back on in the device manager also and while your there check that the sound is set to come though usb and not through the standard sound adapter(should be automatic) but try uninstalling the driver for the laptops sound adapter as well leaving no option for it but to use usb for it.
You can try uninstalling the usb drivers in the device manager and reinstalling them as well.
If you have a spare hard drive try installing a version of Windows on that without any updates and install the item drivers see if the problem goes away.
If you haven't got a spare hard drive a complete re-installation of the OS may be the only thing to do and there is no guarantee it will work- not yet there's bound to be other things to try.
# 5
19 Nov 2015 14:37
Oh and try using different drivers for the items for example the sound driver for my PC keeps opening the configuration utility for some reason and kicking me out of games onto the desktop so i uninstalled it and use the standard windows driver-no difference to sound but no utility which I don't need. i'll warn you though these things can be a fucking ball-ache to fix. Computers(even expensive ones) are mass produced to a price ditto software.
# 6
19 Nov 2015 14:41
Yeah, thinking about it I'd deffo try reinstalling the USB drivers(remove the old one first in device manager)
# 7
19 Nov 2015 15:01
Doesnt have to be either. A circuit flaw in the Network adapter could also mess up everything else when it's plugged in.
# 8
19 Nov 2015 16:17
Yeah, it deffo could. I assumed it was a usb network adapter so It's why i suggested trying them both together in another computer.
# 9
19 Nov 2015 23:16
The problem was a driver issue,

I was unable to fix this so I've reformatted my pc,

Thank you all for your assistance :)
20 Nov 2015 06:50
u sure restart didnt fix it :)