Community forums

Help with settings

# 1
20 Oct 2015 23:05
Anyone know what the rate should be set at? I am currently at 25000. What settings do you guys use? Something isn't right and making hits impossible. Thanks in advance
# 2
02 Nov 2015 09:00
I wondered about this and did some experimentation. I put the max packets to maximum(84 I think) but the data rate I don't think there's any correct answer- it depends on several variables such as number of players, your ping, fps and maybe even internet traffic. It seems to be a trade off between getting hits more easily and being hit. So on Eagle with say 25 players I have it set to 17.5 but if there was 32 I would turn it up higher maybe to 25. Where I am we have decent fiber broadband and I live in Europe closer to the server which I believe is located in Germany so I'm not sure about your situation- I've heard players lamenting they can't hit you! Of course the whole thing has been compromised by the fact that if I'm playing badly it's my setup not me! Recently though the server felt bad and I wondered if it wasn't 50 gazillion people torrenting the new Jimmy Bond film(it's back to normal now) I play on KUT USA with a ping of 150-200 and still play alright but there is a disadvantage.