Community forums

Computer problem

# 1
10 Oct 2015 19:27
My computer has had a motherboard problem for over a year, this happened a month after the warranty expired. With this problem I cannot use a gaming mouse nor a headset. Linux will not function properly either, I use Windows.

Recently another problem started. I cannot drop and pick-up weapons, I guess something has happened to the q3config. Also, My mouse is too sensitive even at the lowest setting.

I can live with the motherboard problem but I would like to fix the q3config.

I most likely purchase a new computer but not as expensive and advanced as this one.

Any suggestions you can off are appreciated.

ASUS Laptop F75VD-NS51 Intel Core i5 3230M (2.60 GHz) 6 GB Memory 750 GB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 610M 17.3" Windows 8 64-Bit
# 2
10 Oct 2015 21:25
if its the q3config Theres the problem then u can try delete it then all go back to normal when u start the game and make a new q3config but then make a copy and save first, cause if it not are the q3config u will lose all binds and stuff
# 3
10 Oct 2015 23:26
Droping weapons is easy, just go to the controls menu in the game and pick a key, it will write the bind in the q3config. If you have added stuf to the config make sure there is no conflict, like two binds for the same key or something. Not picking up weapons... weird...not sure :(
# 4
11 Oct 2015 12:05
gramps understand how to drop a weapon but if the code to do so doesnt work you can do wat u want but it not gonna work
# 5
11 Oct 2015 14:36
Last night:
I got some binds restored, drop and pickup weapon worked. I wonder how I lost it, beats me. I doubt this had anything to do with motherboard. My ping was normal but I was experiencing a weird lag, my movement was jerky. I had Mercer spec me but it did not look bad to him. I demo it and it does not show on demo. Beats the shit out of me.

Today:
Binds gone, can't drop or pickup weapon, can't fire weapon. Played with keys and found totally different keys now control these things, WTF. Restored keys to what I like. No jerky motion, things seem normal, ping same as last night.

Mouse remains too sensitive even at the lowest setting and nothing I do will help it. Makes it harder to get kill shot.

Thanks for you input/help.
# 6
11 Oct 2015 17:14
maybe reinstul urt? (you lose everytjing thoug?)
# 7
11 Oct 2015 19:46

Mouse remains too sensitive even at the lowest setting and nothing I do will help it. Makes it harder to get kill shot.

Thanks for you input/help.

What kind of setting you are talking about ?
The mouse sensitivity in UrT or the DPI-settings of your gaming mouse?
# 8
11 Oct 2015 23:41 | Last edit: 11 Oct 2015 23:46
AV, firewall, Auto-Sandbox??

Sweet list of comandds:
www.urbanterror.info/support/107-controls/
# 9
12 Oct 2015 14:20

AV, firewall, Auto-Sandbox??

Sweet list of comandds:
www.urbanterror.info/support/107-controls/

Thanks An2pl,
It looks like Avast's Auto-Sandbox is the culprit
12 Oct 2015 14:37

What kind of setting you are talking about ?
The mouse sensitivity in UrT or the DPI-settings of your gaming mouse?

I cannot use a gaming mouse because of motherboard problem.
I use cheap Microsoft mouse with left and right buttons and scroll. I have sensitivity set to lowest point in Mouse Properties and in UrT Controls Misc. But mouse is still too sensitive for me.
Prior to motherboard problem mouse worked great.
I do think a new computer or motherboard is the only solution.

Thanks Cthulhu