Community forums

UT doesnt work.

# 1
18 Jun 2015 10:44 | Last edit: 18 Jun 2015 10:45
Hi,

I run my UT 4.2 game, it starts and minimizes immidietly. i click on the minimized bar, it maximizes and minimizes again - all takes less than 0.2 sec. I click again, same thing happens again, and again and again... So i am not able to play UT.

I did NOT implement any changes. I did not touch UT config file, did NOT change any setting in game, did NOT change any system settings, did NOT reinstall game, did NOT move any files of game, did NOT edit or replace or change any of game files... I just did NOT touch or change absolutely anything. Yesterday game worked fine, today, as described i cant play it.

Reinstallation does not help :-/

Ideas how to fix it?

(Windows 7)
# 2
18 Jun 2015 13:12

Hi,

I run my UT 4.2 game, it starts and minimizes immidietly. i click on the minimized bar, it maximizes and minimizes again - all takes less than 0.2 sec. I click again, same thing happens again, and again and again... So i am not able to play UT.

I did NOT implement any changes. I did not touch UT config file, did NOT change any setting in game, did NOT change any system settings, did NOT reinstall game, did NOT move any files of game, did NOT edit or replace or change any of game files... I just did NOT touch or change absolutely anything. Yesterday game worked fine, today, as described i cant play it.

Reinstallation does not help :-/

try run as adminstator it will Work i hope

from lodbrog :) good luck

Ideas how to fix it?

(Windows 7)

# 3
18 Jun 2015 15:53
Easiest way is to just delete the System32 folder
# 4
18 Jun 2015 15:57
But to be serious. Check you q3config.cfg for fullscreen and resolution vars.

Or reinstall the game and also delete the configs.
# 5
18 Jun 2015 21:14
nevermind. Fixed.

Dont really know what the problem was, but closing Samsung Magician Softwere solves this problem...

Strange cause earlier this problem didnt happen...
# 6
19 Jun 2015 00:37
hahahahahaha :woohoo:
sry butt

wanted to say re-install Windows
and NOW you tell about using SamSungSoftWare
I tech-supported that Electronics those 4 years before my depressions lol
and the SW was almost always a problem :)

butt good you solved it

cyas
# 7
19 Jun 2015 05:37
uninstalling most of the pre-installed crap software on some computers/laptops speeds up the comp a bit... not to mention the needed hdd-space :P
# 8
19 Jun 2015 09:23
Samsung magician wasnt preinstalled. I installed it just for one reason, and i forgot removing it from autostart which is done now.

I dont have any preinstalled crap. Its not a laptop, its a dektop, built by me, and i didnt install almost anythin more than drivers :P

HDD space is an issue here...
I got a 120 GB SSD, and that is the only disk ive got... I wanna buy a 1 TB HDD, but waiting for my money from work... (gonna wait some time cause looks like those motherfuckers hae no intention to pay me :-/ )
# 9
19 Jun 2015 09:35
hi Again emp nice u did get it to Work but Again
but fuck those who dont want to pay you
19 Jun 2015 12:09
Yes fuck them. Ive got bils to pay, i need to buy food ffs... I very very VERY dislike the fact that i got to wait for my payment longer than it was said.

The previous employer, who had a great idea to not pay me, in the end regrets it very very much... (and no, i do not mean beating the shit out of him or something like that), but it takes time :-/