Community forums

CTF Eagle Only 4.3

# 1
22 Dec 2016 22:26 | Last edit: 22 Dec 2016 22:30
Hello everyone,

I noticed the presence on the server of old player that I met on Eagle Only CTF (22 players). Perhaps you would be interested to open a new server? It would be great to be able to play again on CTF on this map because I find the TDM a bit repetitive... CTF is really fun on eagle map, specially team work!

What do u think about it?

Regards,

Mathis aka Shake
# 2
23 Dec 2016 12:44
Hello Shake,

Indeed there are several regular players on our server that used to play Eagle CTF.
However, as you may have noticed, our Eagle TDM is usually filled with not very experienced players, players who started playing not long ago. For that type of players, TDM is easier to understand and play.
Our aim is to consistently fill the server. An Eagle CTF (22 players) server would most likely be empty for most of the day. Even a CTF (18 players) server with a map rotation would have trouble finding players.
So, even if we put a cap limit of 10 or a time limit of 10/15 min., how many rounds do you think a player would last on Eagle Only CTF? 2 at most? After 4 rounds the players would be gone, some because they have other things to do, some because they don't want to join when the score is 3x7, etc.
I love Eagle, but I think the only way a CTF server works nowadays is with a map rotation.

Thanks for your post, see you on Eagle!