Community forums

Hitboxes, pro players and other things

# 1
04 Dec 2016 21:25 | Last edit: 04 Dec 2016 21:27
Spectating players like gLocks and [BOOBS]Kolinda, I started questioning about the hitboxes and how the game manages them.
They are really good players, with a perfect aim and always hit the enemy no matter what. But, when I try, I miss a lot, even if I aim correctly and use items like the laser and silencer.
So, is this my problem? Do I have a bad connection (my ping is always aroung 60, kolinda's was 90 when I spected him)? Do they use some tricks to aim better?

EDIT: if the mentioned players read this, don't get upset. I'm not accusing you of cheating, I know you don't.
# 2
04 Dec 2016 22:38
Long story short - Yes it is your problem :D

A longer answer, I'll try to answer all your points:

1 - The game has some small issues managing hit boxes, but they are the same for every player, so no advantage there.
2 - Those players do not have "perfect aim", they have a very good aim and so they are very consistent about hitting the enemy. You can check this (follow their aim) if you demo and watch it in slow motion. The fact that you miss more than them just means they are better players than you.
3 - Talking in depth about ping would lead nowhere in my experience. Some say the lower the better, others argue that higher pings get compensated for by the game and so get an advantage... In this case, the difference between 60 and 90 is close to none in my opinion.
4 - Aiming, like several other aspects of playing any fps, is heavily related to how confortable you are with your config. You need to find a balance between sensitivity and dpi (dots per inch). So, there is no "trick" to aiming, just levels of confort that enable you to be better at it.
5 - Also relevant in this case is the fact that the player you mention (can't seem to find gLocks, only Kolinda) is a very good UrT player, maybe one of the best ever, certainly top 20 or so. In all the UrT universe. So it's normal if they just own everyone, especially in a public server where there are some (a lot?) of inexperienced player at any given time. Fact is, they have played for a very long time and have been competing in UZ (and CB before) for a very long time.

Take a look at this: www.urban-zone.org/index.php?name=Compet...file=player&cid=9588

They are VERY GOOD.

Hope this clears things up. Feel free to comment or ask anything else, I'll try to answer if I can.
# 3
04 Dec 2016 22:50
Oh well, I had bad luck facing him in combat then.
I'm just amazed about how they can be so good.
# 4
04 Dec 2016 23:31 | Last edit: 04 Dec 2016 23:32
Feel lucky.
It's like playing football on the camping and then discover that Messi has holidays too and plays in the other team.
Yes - you lose, But in a honourable way !
# 5
06 Dec 2016 14:17
Not too mention, what type of gaming mouse you are using, too what type of crosshair you have <3
# 6
06 Dec 2016 18:28
Personally, ithink ping+decent mouse (no acceleration)+reaction time is the magic formula. being old does not help:).

The past few weeks were odd on the dn server. at times i got great hits (depending hiighly on ping) and at other times i got killed in an instance knowing i should have gotten the kill based on prior experiences. that's damn annoying. so there are factors you can not control.

I think that stable conditions are most important, you are getting used to your setup which helps alot.

duhfysa by the way is basically everybody's nemesis, so don't worry if you don't get him "killed". it's the usual routine.
# 7
07 Dec 2016 10:16
Personally ithink duhfysa is overrated, sure a decent player, but not overwhelming. Played against duhfysa several times, back in the good old days on b00bs uptown with spiki and so on. And i dont have a hard time killing him.
# 8
07 Dec 2016 10:30
My mouse is a CM Sentinel 3 and I play with 1200 dpi. Sometimes I try to low them at 800dpi but I just don't feel comfortable.
# 9
07 Dec 2016 10:31
keep dpi high, try changing sensitivity, yaw and pitch
07 Dec 2016 12:53
changing sensitivity to low, would make a better aiming for "shaky-hands" players.

DPI after a certain point becomes useless. I feel like it is a marketing gimmick use to sell mice to people who like big numbers.