Community forums

Low Fov aimbots detection

# 1
16 Jun 2016 14:34 | Last edit: 16 Jun 2016 14:35
Hey guys,
I just wanted to help some of the admins out a little. When I ran the servers for C9, we always had a hard time catching the low fov aimbot guys. Low fov is an aimbot that doesn't aim direct, it traces the aim to the nearest player. It is really hard to detect unless the player goes AFK and you will see his aim move on it's own. If you watch this video on youtube, it may help some of you out. I know a LOT of players use this and nothing else, but it's still cheating. Just trying to help out. Hope you all have a great weekend coming up.

---The video.
# 2
16 Jun 2016 17:53
Hi there!

First thing first I find this video very useful and interesting. It really shows how a low fov aimbot looks like.
That said, I've always found low fov aimbots the hardest to detect. In this video there's a fairily low skill player with a pro aim, sometimes this enormous gap between movement and shooting skill and aiming skill is enough to make your suspect direct to a low fov aimbot. The problem is that, unless the player goes afk and the aim moves on its own, it's almost impossible to get a 100% sure proof. You can only check thousands actions and hope to find something. Other than afk moving, there are imo only 2 ways you can detect it from a demo and they are:

1- Two opponents are very close to each other and the aim of the suspected player switch between the 2 in a crazy and not natural way. It's rare it happens, but when it does you got the proof you needed.

2- The opponent player the cheater is shooting to makes a completely unpredictable move like a sudden walljump or a similar thing and cheater's aim still follows the target without any reaction time GAP. Harder to recognize but still a final proof.

If none of the listed situations happen, you can NEVER have a decisive proof. That's couse a low fov aimbot (like the autoshot thing) is very similar to a high skilled player behavior. Low sensitivity and skill can really feel like a low fov aimbot. That's why I always look for wallhacks before anything else. Easier to spot than low fov aimbots.
# 3
16 Jun 2016 18:47
Thanks roadkill for sharing a tutorial from |WC| FatherGoose , former head admin of Wildcats clan :cheer: ,

here a chanel he made , with most of cheat types you can find to help admins

list of cheats type demos ->
# 4
18 Jun 2016 15:37
You guys are completely correct. Low Fov is the hardest to catch. One other thing I noticed about it, it always seems to be head or chest shots, never leg or arm. I am friends with a lot of the old school players like father goose and spiki. They are ALL great guys!! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend.
# 5
02 Jul 2016 07:43
Difficult to notice in the game, but of course the cheaters will always get caught. B)
# 6
03 Jul 2016 16:41 | Last edit: 03 Jul 2016 19:52

Difficult to notice in the game, but of course the cheaters will always get caught. B)

In game , thats right , you have to be very experienced to recognize a LowFov AB . But while watching the demo you made , there is one simple thing , you can be sure that you see this kind of AB.Its not provided in the "tutorials" above .
The aimbot is NOT affected by exploding grenades ! No mattters if the grenades exploding next to the aimbotter or his/her enemie ...the crosshair will be steady on the target ! So if you watch the demo with TS 0.x you can spot this easily.
Good hunt !