Community forums

Game Play Improvement

# 1
03 Feb 2016 19:15 | Last edit: 03 Feb 2016 19:19
To respected admins and moderators
I have been playing in DN TDM server for quite a while now . and i have noticed some issues that bothered me.

Firstly , This is a Tdm game with no team play. People mostly play for stats . But it can be easily changed by capping the unlimited kills to a 300/500 kill limit for a team. After that the server will reload the map. Thus people will try to win as a team and hopefully leave that camping game.My point is that " If your 70 kills for 2 deaths doesn't make your team win , your'e really of no use."

Secondly , i have seen that good players flock together most of the time , dominating the relatively noob team. That literally kills the fun of the game. I will really appreciate if you guys introduce skill based autobalance for moderators. This will ensure fairplay.

I hope you will see to that.

---Spray _&_Pray
# 2
03 Feb 2016 21:32
The problem is...balance (skill based) is only available for head admins. :/
I tried few times to balance the teams but I can only use the "!teams" command.
# 3
03 Feb 2016 22:01

Firstly , This is a Tdm game with no team play. People mostly play for stats . But it can be easily changed by capping the unlimited kills to a 300/500 kill limit for a team. After that the server will reload the map. Thus people will try to win as a team and hopefully leave that camping game.My point is that " If your 70 kills for 2 deaths doesn't make your team win , your'e really of no use."

This is ridiculous. Teams are merely a formality in this server.
If you want to help a team and be helped by team members then play bomb mode.

Bomb mode is awesome and I used to play it all the time.
# 4
04 Feb 2016 01:02 | Last edit: 04 Feb 2016 01:03

I have been playing in DN TDM server for quite a while now . and i have noticed some issues that bothered me.

If you browse the forum you will see that you're not the first to think about this. As for the cap on the kills, it would be useless, to be blunt. The "problem" imo is one of player experience and expectations. You can't expect TDM to be TS with 12vs12, it's impossible. Add to that a significant part of the players on the server who just don't care about winning or losing, they just want to have fun for a while. There is a reason competition in UrT is in TS, BOMB and CTF.
# 5
04 Feb 2016 03:22
Anyone ever wonder why DN Eagle is ranked 4th on Gametracker?
# 6
04 Feb 2016 06:46

Bomb mode is awesome and I used to play it all the time.

there is something called reading .... tdm TEAM death match see i made it bigger hopefull its now readable
but it isnt just him making this point there are more who came up with this and even high dn members like maz (if im correct) so if you wanna camp go to ffs means FREE FOR ALL there you can go rambo
# 7
04 Feb 2016 08:30

And let's keep it this way. ;)
# 8
04 Feb 2016 09:21

And let's keep it this way. ;)

Perhaps we could make this available for admins but definately not moderators lol
# 9
04 Feb 2016 11:02
[/quote]

Bomb mode is awesome and I used to play it all the time.[/quote]

I dont know if you had played in the GXS Riyadh Playground server(which is closed now). It had a 300 kill limit for a team. And believe me people really tried together as a team to reach that score. It was fun game. But here you just play with no win nor result. This unlimited kill advantage really encourages camping.
04 Feb 2016 11:44
And have a player sait un spectator and joint after the team dominate just one name (nonomi)