Community forums

The gameplay has come to a standstill

12 Dec 2015 17:39
but cerberus i mean like its hard to judge whats camping it aint sk and glitching thats easy to proof
and about gramps ur right
everything has his advantige hk got lower damage than an ak
ak got slow fire speed
m4 high sounds
and about tacs u shoot ur own teamm8s much more so enemies know where u are
and laser and silencer give adventege to so ther is no OP item in this game as far as i know
but whith whining u dont stop campers .. and yes dn mebers camp but they dont hack
13 Dec 2015 07:29
I also play the game for fun, it helps me relax and let of steam after a very hectic day… but the way the current gameplay is going it really does the opposite. For me the game is not fun anymore due to the reasons mentioned in the opening posts.

As I said before hard camping is an issue but banning it is not the solution. When did the gameplay in this game go from having fun to hard camping for stats? When did it come to who has the best ratio? Hiding in the boathouse for hours at end is fun? I clearly must have misunderstood the definition of fun..

I have said it before and I say it again. Players who were camping years ago are still doing it today. This is the reason to a “standstill”. The gameplay has not evolved at all, at least not to the better.

This topic was really to bring attention to the issues with the current gameplay, not to complain about them.. even though it might have come across that way. I also wanted to discuss the issues so we can hopefully eliminate them, but I do see that only a few players actually care about the well-being of the gameplay and the server. Others are just being sarcastic and telling the ones who actually want to discuss these things to literally fuck off. Is that really the spirit of the community? Has it come to mind your own business?

When the game type is called TEAM DEATHMATCH it should mean teamplay and not you against the opposing team as well as your own. Or does the word “team” actually have an “I” in it? Is it too much to ask for team members to try to play together? Is it too much to ask them to not block another teammate, run in front of them while they are shooting or not to stand next to another teammate in a firefight? Is it also too much to ask your own teammates to not block openings so offensive players can get to the other side or the middle of the map? If so then Team Deathmatch could in other words be named Free For All…
13 Dec 2015 11:03
most people probly want high stats for that top xlr spot i think but if we just quit doing top xlr then there is no fame for those people and why dont if a camper applies to dn we dont accept him untill we got an meber of ours fighting him without him camping so you can see his skils because CAMPING INST SKILS
13 Dec 2015 13:04

When the game type is called TEAM DEATHMATCH it should mean teamplay and not you against the opposing team as well as your own. Or does the word “team” actually have an “I” in it? Is it too much to ask for team members to try to play together? Is it too much to ask them to not block another teammate, run in front of them while they are shooting or not to stand next to another teammate in a firefight? Is it also too much to ask your own teammates to not block openings so offensive players can get to the other side or the middle of the map? If so then Team Deathmatch could in other words be named Free For All…

Like I said before, everything you say about this right and I understand your point. It can be frustrating. But keep this in mind: The majority of the players in the server at any moment are, to use a word I don't really like, noobs. As I write this, there are 22 players, 19 guests and 3 users. At any time, most of the players just don't bother with teamplay, either because they are just not interested or because they are just not very good (sorry to be so blunt). This can't be fixed, or at least I don't see a solution.

I was only half joking about having a different server. In my experience, the best players tend to play CTF and TS and the "newer" players tend to stay away from those gametypes.

It's impossible to expect good/reasonable teamplay when you have 25 or more players and most of them either don't care or just don't know better. I could give you examples of some players who have been playing for some years now and they keep doing the same thing over and over again without improving or changing at all. They can't/won't change, so it's impossible to fix the thing that bother you.
13 Dec 2015 13:21 | Last edit: 13 Dec 2015 13:23
Noobs. Yes, the main reason to this topic.

I too hope for either a TS or CTF server. As I want to start playing like the game should be played and not continuously do the same thing over and over expecting to improve when the current gameplay does not allow improvement.

---

The only time I have had fun playing on Eagle was the other day when there wasn't a single camper online, but everyone was running around trying to shoot the opponent and teamplay was actually a factor counted for. This lasted for around 20 mins before the first camper then joined and ruined the fun.
23 Dec 2015 23:35 | Last edit: 23 Dec 2015 23:38

Way to much time is spent complaining about how some play the game. Frankly, I get tired of it. I continually hear players whining about camping, weapon choice, mostly G-36 and PSG, using Tac Goggles, not wearing a helmet. Generally, those complaining are accomplished players. Create a server banning these things and see how long it lasts.

I often hear players complimenting how DN addresses cheats. Everyone hates a cheat, except the cheat. When the WC Eagle server was operating they were praised for dealing with cheats. When WC admin stopped monitoring the server, cheats using Aimbots and Wall Hacks ruled the game and honest players left for other servers.

I think we need to reconsider the Spawn Kill and Bullet Proof Glass rule as to much time is spent trying to stop players from doing it. Mostly it is new players that do not know.

I agree with everything you said...

I personally think that one of the great things about Eagle, is that it allows for a wide range of playing styles... For me what makes the game fun is sneaking up on the enemy, who are sneaking up on me, or my team-mates. I like playing with players who tend to work as a team (offense or defense), Medic, watching each others backs, etc... I also enjoy predicting player psychology, and anticipating how they will attack.

Some players confuse DEFENSE with camping,... I have spec'd many of the better "Offensive" players here, and while they are definitely well skilled, this should not be confused with "Strategic"... To me "strategic" is killing more than you get killed "PERIOD", by whatever "allowed" means... "PERIOD."

With very few exceptions, players who seem to do best, "in a more offensive/aggressive role", tend to have lower pings. This does not take anything away from their skill, nor would I complain about how they play, as they are doing what they enjoy the most. But, I have seen "great" players on one server, play like "shit" on a server where their ping is not so good. I have also seen some awful players get the best of much better players, because there ping was much better. I think one has to take their ping into consideration when establishing tactics and playing style.

Another issue to consider is that different maps lend themselves to different approaches, on Eagle I personally enjoy defending the Castle and Sniping, otherwise I would not play here at all. On other maps I may play a completely different style. I guess if one enjoys more dodging and ducking bullets and constant action, you might be happier with a map like "Dressing Room" which in my opinion is the most brain-dead map in URT.

I also think the Spawnkill rule is a waste of time, if a team is getting slaughtered in their spawn, there is an imbalance to begin with.

Just my 2 cents worth.
24 Dec 2015 08:03
yes but sometimes (blue team) if offensive playyers wanna attack they cant because
train got snipers water tunnel campers and then you only can go that bridge but there are snipers also only option left is than to go cabble cart
24 Dec 2015 18:57
The same goes for the other way around. If offensive players in Red want to attack they cant, because blue is covering train, boathouse and bridge + water and even cable car.
15 Feb 2016 09:12
I've been playing competitive for years and I have to say that stepping back from a TeamSpeak constant info scenario to a public server is very annoying. But you have to take it as it is.

That said, I think TDM isn't that kind of gametype that helps the teamplay. I mean, of course there's a common objective which is to hit the 15k kills to win the round (wow it's insanely high as a limit, an average player kills let's say 100 folks per hour) but, I speak for myself, I find hard to get involved in that kind of objective. As it is now, this server focuses on letting you have fun.

If you want some gameplay you should try this map in some other gametype. This map was designed for CTF and believe me (I've played for years on a CTF Eagle Only server) it's a lot of fun. In a 30 minutes round in CTF you'll see that even the noobest player in this game will help the team to cap as much as possible.
15 Feb 2016 22:22
for me there should be a rule for a the guys who stay a limite of time in same position don't need to have an admin on all the time , there's a plugin you can put on b3 against it. And yeh i don't really enjoy the game when i'm killed by campers who i know i can kill easy