Community forums

DN and Other Servers

# 1
29 Nov 2015 15:11 | Last edit: 29 Nov 2015 15:36
Urban Terror is going through a bad phase at the moment as regards player base and server numbers- let us hope this trend reverses.

However there are still some good servers out there with some decent games taking place and I don't think I've ever seen another DN player playing on one and If they were they weren't using their DN tags.

So, what is the reason for this? Surely it's boring to play on the same map all the time! I know our Eagle server does tend to attract the best players left in the game but there are still many good players on other servers and even if they're not as good surely winning games on other servers can't be bad.

The reverse isn't true- I see a lot of non-affiliated players(many good ones) that play on our server also playing on KUT for example. I also see none DN clan members playing on ours. So why not the other way round?

My opinion is that our players should spread their wings and play somewhere else at least now and again(using their clan tags) to promote the name of DN, acquire matches and most of all to promote other servers and give this game a much needed shot in the arm. B)
# 2
29 Nov 2015 16:00
i play somethimes on per gun mod but thats not casual urt its modded so idk if everybody likes that u know
# 3
29 Nov 2015 16:06
I split my play between DN server and Nexunity bomb server. It usually has 10-20 people playing.. I love bomb.
# 4
29 Nov 2015 16:49
I've played on Nexunity bomb server now and again. I see Robocop[RUS] when I'm there who plays on Eagle.
# 5
29 Nov 2015 17:53
urt won't come back with the idtech engine, it's just dying slowly. urt hd with the ue4 engine though might bring the game back and be the foundation of a new community.

also, don't overestimate those playing on dn eagle, most high skilled players wouldn't touch a server like tdm eagle. they resort to dust 16 players or casatown.

the only skilled player i've ever seen on eagle who didn't leave immediately was exotic.

i personally think you'd waste your energy if you'd try and promote urt 4.2
# 6
29 Nov 2015 18:10
I'll admit I'm starting to enjoy CS:GO more than UrT. Maybe that's because I'm a bad UrT player but still. I don't have high hopes for the Unreal UrT. How many people play the Cry Engine version of Nexuiz- not many. The new UrT will end up on fucking Steam for a start. Yeah, you're right I'm wasting my time but I've always had a love of hopeless causes.
# 7
29 Nov 2015 19:38 | Last edit: 29 Nov 2015 19:39
let's hope urt hd will be somewhere in between cs' increcible comeback and nexuiz' slow death.
I hope that former urt players will come back, if fs is capable to release a solid game and not a cluster fuck.
hopefully this will happen rather sooner than later.

edit. tried cs go once, felt like walking dead, didn't enjoy it at all.
# 8
29 Nov 2015 21:18 | Last edit: 29 Nov 2015 21:19
Everyone seems to think the engine isn't suited to UT and I think someone will try to put it on steam as someone nearly did once with the old UT. Has anyone played the Cry engine Nexuiz? Somebody needs to be punished for it.
# 9
29 Nov 2015 21:39
well, they plan to get urt hd on urt greenlight or whatever it's called.
i think fs is well aware of the communties' demands when it comes to gameplay, getting the specific urt style transferred to the new engine.
they are also aware that something went terribly wrong with the release of 4.2, so let's hope they've learned their lesson.
currently the only downside is that the ue4 engine won't run on older machines... gonna be the end of my urt career :)
29 Nov 2015 22:10
I have thought about expanding the clan to CS:GO and running a serer on there too :whistle: