Community forums

Volunteer for admin....

# 1
27 Jul 2019 14:51
Chaps,

Thanks for the welcome to the clan - I wondered if carrying the DN clan colours (tag) might make me a target in the game, but not so :D

I am in the game quite a lot, do say hi if we haven't chatted yet.

Occasionally I witness bad behaviour or offensive chat, now, be assured, I am not at all being critical of any admins, not at all, if there is an admin in the game then 'stuff' gets dealt with very well. But I do find myself in game with no admins, so I would like to volunteer to admin - not sure if this is the right process - but if you are looking for more help, Id' be happy to be considered.

H
# 2
29 Jul 2019 10:30 | Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 11:55
Most likely there will be an admin online on discord that you can contact if there is any issue with a player. In addition there is a report section on this forum too. This would resolve the problem, if there is no ServerAdmin online, in case of a server related issue.

Other then that, if I might state my opinion as an non DN-Member, I see you as a perfect fit for a server administrative position in the future. You seem to be in very good terms with the players on the server which is a big plus, you are also willing to take responsibility and your communication skills are excellent judging on your chat logs.

Cheers

heavenlyEq (Lyaaaaa)
# 3
29 Jul 2019 10:44
Hello Hatchet,

We usually don't take applications for mods/admins, when we feel the need to add one, we approach them.
In any case, we will take you into consideration next time.

In the meantime, f you ever need the help of a mod/admin, like heavenlyEq said, you can usually find one on discord. If it's a serious matter, feel free to tag/mention the admin group. And if you can't find one, try to make a demo of the problem and it will be dealt with.
# 4
29 Jul 2019 16:13
Jolly good, I would be happy to help - I suspect judicious use of 'Mute' would sort most things out ;)

There was a mild incident that was the tipping point for making this offer, nothing dreadful, but I'll use the tips provided in the future.

Appreciate the kind words too - although 'yikes' ..... there's a chat log !!! I should have known ;)

Hatchet....
# 5
29 Jul 2019 18:09
Ofc there is one. :P All bad behaviour (including mine) are deposited there. :P
# 6
30 Jul 2019 03:03
The chat log is awesome. Combine that with the penalty list and user search feature and you can ditch cable or satellite tv.
Also fun to watch submitted demos.
Really I'm not sure how people continue to actually play the game once they get modded/adminned up.
# 7
15 Aug 2019 00:57

The chat log is awesome. Combine that with the penalty list and user search feature and you can ditch cable or satellite tv.
Also fun to watch submitted demos.
Really I'm not sure how people continue to actually play the game once they get modded/adminned up.

ROTFL!!!!!!