Community forums

[proposual] Changes to the webserver

# 1
24 Nov 2017 21:10 | Last edit: 24 Nov 2017 21:15
Hi people!
I would like to propose some changes to the clan site (drunknoobs.com).

1. Enable TLS
This is really necessary. Having credentials transmitted over HTTP is highly unsecure.
And enabling TLS is not a big deal. I do not know on what server you are working, but Let's Encrypt has finished scripts to enable TLS for all major servers (Including Apache2). See letsencrypt.org/ .

2. Fix a small layout bug
I do not know whether I am the only one experiencing this, but the main content of the site is shifted under the border of the browser window (Firefox 57/59 on 4:3 screen). This can be fixed by hitting <Ctrl> + <-> (reducing the size of the site) or by adding two lines in your CSS:
.main-pane {
    margin-left: 6%;
    width: 94%;
}

But this is just a small aesthetic change and not necessary.

[Update] I have checked some other screen resolutions and it might be better to rebuild the alignment.

Yours
ACZER|seppl
# 2
25 Nov 2017 07:05
Hey,

I have been aware of the alignment issue for a very long time, this happens cos the entire responsive layout is still under development... once it's done there wont be any issues with the layout whatsoever. I run my own webdesign company so I have other customers that I prioritize over the DN site, that's why it's taken a freakishly long time to complete the responsive layout.

The encryption isnt a bad idea either, will have to look into that when I have time.
# 3
25 Nov 2017 11:40
Yeah. Don't hesitate with the layout I would be the only one experiencing the glitch as I am on a 4:3 screen.
# 4
25 Nov 2017 11:56
the site is built on a 1300px wide layout, so anyone with a monitor/resolution smaller than that will experience this issue..

I'll try to step up the coding of the responsiveness :)