Community forums

[KICKED] Hone_Heke[UK]

This topic has been locked.
07 Nov 2015 07:42
ahah :D but i meant like
if he only can apply to dn that doesnt make sence to me i am sure most people will try to get in a good clan but if you only can choose 1 its not real
07 Nov 2015 08:54 | Last edit: 07 Nov 2015 08:58
Yes I see- If you wanted a job as a refuse collector say you would apply to many different companies until you get one. I think Jonny thought I was already in KUT when I applied for DN. That could loose you your job if you already had one and applied for another(and were found out)
07 Nov 2015 11:37
friendly player, good teamplay and the stats not the best but i think when u have good teamplay then the stats really.
+1
07 Nov 2015 11:46 | Last edit: 07 Nov 2015 11:50
Thanks Blackknight.
08 Nov 2015 15:24
Good to play with (or against). Knows what team play is about. So no problems, except for his k/d ratio, but that has already been waved by our supreme commander ( drunknoobs.com/forums/join-dn/344-hone-h...application?start=38 ).
So from me a
+1
08 Nov 2015 18:24
Thanks Core- About the game on Sunday evening(GMT). I will med any players I see that need it if danger is minimal(or often when it isn't). However the game is played at such a pace that I'll admit I do miss a lot of them. Also the PC I'm using isn't the best so I turn the map off to maximize FPS(adds about 3 or 4 on a busy map). Players that haven't asked for a medic will much more often be missed because of the way I charge around. If we were playing in a match I would of course play accordingly.
On more general note I should point out that I've never been taught UrT team play and can't understand how I'm supposed to know everyone who is in need of med when they haven't asked for one.
Also I can see now that the way I play the game is the main reason for bad stats- I can be victorious consistently in a melee against probably 80% or more of players but I often run into 2 or more enemy players or fall victim to snipers- I don't wear a vest it slows me down spoils my enjoyment. Also I charge around looking for good firefights(which is why I play the game) and if a stats grinder snipes me- so what.
All this fussing over my stats and criticizing of my team play is rather ruining my enjoyment of the game so much so I'm considering withdrawing my application. It's making the game feel like a job. I don't care about my stats I do like a decent score when I've finished the game but it's not why I play.
09 Nov 2015 05:41
Since I voted I have been watching you play and you seem to be improving slowly, which is actually a good thing... but that's not the reason to why I am posting now.

--

The fast pace of the game will mean you will eventually have to learn how to read the game. When playing medic it will require reading of the game a lot more than just playing offensive. Personally I don't like a medic trying to medic me when I am in the middle of the fight or when I know there are enemies around the corner medicing themselves and thus are open for a sure kill. So, in these situations a medic is actually doing more harm than good.

I also dislike when you clearly signal a medic that you don't need one right now, but they continue to hump your leg or run after you. Giving a "negative" to a medic often means "hey, no.. there are enemies nearby.. help out instead".

Having a medic giving aid when there are enemies nearby means you both are vulnerable and one often dies if not both. So clearing the enemies first before aiding is actually a must in order to stay alive as long as possible.

But then again this is just me, so now you know why I often run away when I have more than 40% of my health when a medic is approaching. I will also always ask for a medic when I need one, if I don't then there's no need to do leghumping. :)
09 Nov 2015 18:29
thanks for that Mazfer- you're right I do need to read the game better and play more tactically. What i was concerned about was team mate emptying half a clip into me because I missed a medic and many others players generally getting upset about lack of med. Anyway it turned out to be a storm in a teacup.
09 Nov 2015 18:46 | Last edit: 09 Nov 2015 18:47
Personally when and if I play medic, the ones who dont ask for one wont get the aid either unless they are at a critical health level.

Anyway,

Back on track with the topic. Other issues can be discussed in a new topic elsewhere :)
12 Nov 2015 21:15
Hi Hone,
A week has passed and the votes have been counted.
I am glad to say that your application has been approved.
Welcome to the Drunknoobs clan, you now appear in our clan roster and have access to the "Clan Members" forum, you can also use the |DN| tag in game.

Congratulations !
Core