Community forums

Offences in game

# 1
29 Aug 2015 09:24 | Last edit: 29 Aug 2015 09:25
Hi folks,

Excuse my bad english, I'm from germany.
I play on your server for a few days now. Today at about 10:45 (UTC+2) I was offended from a teammate without any reasons. I don't know his name anymore, but if you'd check your logs you'll surely find it. He calls me a "Hurensohn" (german for 'son of a bitch') and "Spacko" (german abuse for a disabled person). Especially the second one is a very bad word in Germany, comparable to 'nigger' in english speaking countries.
I'd never dictate you what to do, but if this was my server, this player would be tempbanned for minimum a few days.
Please let me know what you think about such abuses.

Greetings
blumentopferde
# 2
29 Aug 2015 09:48 | Last edit: 29 Aug 2015 09:53
Howdyy there!

When you are picking up this topic, it reminds me of a rule i actually miss.

Theese are the following rules we have on the server
Rule 1: No Cheating, Hacking or Glitching
Rule 2: No Racism
Rule 3: No Disrespecting Admins
Rule 4: No Spawnkilling or Spawncamping
Rule 5: No Spamming

I really miss "Rule 6: No abusive language or harassment"

But thanks for letting us know, try to take a screenshot or demo next time, im sure the person would be punished! And for next time, if someone is harassing you or annoying you without an admin around. Go in console and write /Ignore playername/B3ID.
# 3
29 Aug 2015 10:47
# 4
29 Aug 2015 11:02

"Spacko" (german abuse for a disabled person). Especially the second one is a very bad word in Germany, comparable to 'nigger' in english speaking countries.

blumentopferde

What? Are you serious? :blink:
Spacko is not even remotely close to the N word. Spacko is a very common insult in Germany, nobody is using it to make fun of disabled people. It isn't even proven that the word originated from 'Spastiker' (as person who suffers from spasticity). It may just come from 'Spack' which has a completely different meaning.

I said it before, racism is forbidden. And that is very good, because racism leads to innocent people getting hurt and killed in real life.

But "Bad Language" is a different matter, if you can't handle an "asshole" from time to time you shouldn't play FPS on the internet.

Fuck those servers where you get tempbanned for 2 weeks because you say "fuck" after you received an unexpected headshot.
# 5
29 Aug 2015 11:30
I don't talk about 'fuck' or 'asshole'. I talk about Spacko. And this is, if I remember correctly, an alternative word to 'Spastiker' or 'Spast'.
And, would you let call somebody you a son of a bitch? If someone call you or another admin like this, he would be slapped and kicked. Why not a 'normal' user like me?

Just my two cents.
# 6
29 Aug 2015 12:06 | Last edit: 29 Aug 2015 12:18
I dont think that 'Spacko' comes from 'Spasti',
more like from this:
www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/spack

Science isnt clear in that point lol

hm
# 7
29 Aug 2015 12:10
Hmm, I know this word in another meaning, but ok.
Then sorry for this annoyance.
# 8
29 Aug 2015 13:46 | Last edit: 29 Aug 2015 13:48

But "Bad Language" is a different matter, if you can't handle an "asshole" from time to time you shouldn't play FPS on the internet.

+1

If u cant handle some insults from time to time, u shouldnt come on the internets at all.

Fuck those servers where you get tempbanned for 2 weeks because you say "fuck" after you received an unexpected headshot.

Amen!
# 9
30 Aug 2015 14:59 | Last edit: 30 Aug 2015 15:00
The (notoriously unreliable, but funny and sometimes even useful) Urban Dictionary has this to say about it:
- Spacko: A complete retard with no hope of success. Ever. Similar to a loser.
or:
- Spacko: A cross between Spazz, and Wacko. Not so retarded that people affected have no friends, but enough that they get the "wtf" look about 4837 times more often than your average person.
:)
So it's in the category loser, moron, asshole.
I would say: one level above exclamations like : fuck
Not very civilised, but not excessive either.
Hurensohn in my feeling is a step higher. Why? Because it can be felt as personal.
Anyway, I am hardly alarmed by above spontaneous outbursts of language.
However, yours truly will never say such things.

So do I see no problem at all? Yes I do. What can be alarming is a systematic, repeated verbal attack on a single player. This can really go wrong if it was based on player's personal information obtained earlier. I think this should not be allowed as the server should offer a fun and safe place to play, for all players.
But I am convinced admins will interfere in such extreme cases.