The EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) law has been around since May 2018, and it has made every single company, organization and game clan within EU (and worldwide, when they offer services to EU citizens) change their policies on how they handle personal data. This concerns Drunknoobs as well.
When creating an account the application form asks for your name and e-mail address. Here you can, if you wish, add your desired username twice (name and username fields) or add your own name (full or first name).
- Your name is of no value to us, so do as you please and what you feel most comfortable with. Either one is collected and stored.
- Your e-mail is asked, so the system can send you a verification e-mail to let you know the registration of your account has succeeded.
- After registration your provided data is stored in the system’s database. Only a handful of people from our clan have access to our backend to view this data.
For years Drunknoobs has asked for your Full Name and Age when applying. We will still continue to ask for those, but you may choose to not give them if you are not comfortable with doing so.
- We do not sell or share your personal data in any way.
- Your full name and age are only stored in our database (as text) and as your application forum post.
- We collect and store your ip-address both in game and on the forums.
- The forum stores your ip-address (ipv4 or ipv6) used when posting.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND STORE YOUR DATA?
- By storing your ip-address both in-game and the forums we are able to quicker connect your forum account to your game profile/username used on our servers.
- We also store your e-mail address in case we need to get a hold of you this way.
WHAT TO DO IF I WANT MY DATA DELETED?
By creating an account on our website and playing on our game servers, you agree to have your data collected and stored.
Drunknoobs also reserves the right to blacklist ip addresses, and keep them blacklisted, as well as have demos of potential cheaters, cheaters as well as clean players uploaded on our forums and keep them there for reference.